• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Defrost Working Correctly?

Web

Registered Member
Hey guys, I've been chasing CC issues for about 2 years and $3000 so any help will be greatly appreciated.

During the full defrost mode (defrost button pushed in order to over ride the Mode setting) my center vent does not completely close unless I turn the temp knob to full hot (90 degrees). This obviously allows a significant amount of air to bypass the defrost vents or makes the interior extremely hot (don't need in Houston!). This is not in agreement with the Acura shop manual.

Also, when doing the Function Selection and Operation test, step 7 does not show the defrost symbol in the display as the manual says it should. I have used 2 different CC boards but have only used 1 display module and get the same results.

I understand there have been some errors found in the shop manual and am wondering if anyone has found these to be errors?

My car is a 1991 with 38000 miles and has a new ac compressor and evaporator coil. Currently it is not leaking freon....

Back