• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dehydrated food

I haven't tasted dehydrated food in over 50 years , so I need some help who makes the best dehydrated survival food I ate it in Vietnam and it wasn't bad so a little help please thank you in advance

we just bought a dehydrator to DIY.....

yes....we got an Excalibur.

Last edited:
need more info

I haven't tasted dehydrated food in over 50 years , so I need some help who makes the best dehydrated survival food I ate it in Vietnam and it wasn't bad so a little help please thank you in advance

You want it to actually eat as an occasional easy to prepare all-in-one meal at home, while camping, etc??? Then Mountain House pouches are probably the best. They have a great variety and pretty tasty. Everything from breakfast entrees to Pad Thai, fried rice, lasagna, enchiladas, etc. etc. 10+ year shelf life. Kind of pricey but very good quality.

Or.... you want it in bulk, for storage, for a true SHTF scenario? If that is the case I would recommend #10 size cans of Augason Farms brand. Rice, beans, dehydrated vegetables, dehydrated meat, powered peanut butter, powdered milk, etc. They have a 25+ year shelf life.

Back