• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailed My Under Carriage Today *Tampabaynsxr will be proud"

A guy asked me if I knew the difference in a car guy and a car fanatic?.....I said whats the difference? He said that car guys just keep the top of their car washed and waxed. Fanatics wash them underneath......If thats the case, Im a fanatic. Here are some pics:

MVC-001S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg

MVC-005S.jpg

MVC-006S.jpg

Sorry, some of them are a bit dark. It looks new now. The black stuff you see left is undercoat....not dirt or grime :)

Nice job, how did you remove the coating to show the Aluminum Alloy parts? I want to do that but I dont wanna sand the shit off. is there any tricks to doing this? Nice job though

Nice job, how did you remove the coating to show the Aluminum Alloy parts? I want to do that but I dont wanna sand the shit off. is there any tricks to doing this? Nice job though

There is no coating on those exposed aluminum parts. What color are yours?

There is no coating....yours may just be dirty. I did get some of the undercoating off. I just left the rest because it was too much of a hassle. It took me a really long time just to get it to where it is now....Its a job working with acid and a plastic brush thats no bigger than a tooth brush. I just wanted it to look as nice as my red one did underneath. It really came out nice.

My parts are black, I almost wanna say they are coated with something, but if they are suppose to look like the pics above then
"I got some cleaning to do" Yikes.

My parts are black, I almost wanna say they are coated with something, but if they are suppose to look like the pics above then
"I got some cleaning to do" Yikes.

Ha ha yeah mine were black.....there was about an 1/8" thick coating of road grime on it. I think that if you got under there with a brush and a "strong" cleaner, youll find that yours are pretty and shiney underneath the black. I did go over some of mine with some 400 grit sand paper to get its original shine back. Its not a job for the faint of heart.

Matt,
I just noticed this thread and you're right, you made me proud! She looks great!

For those with alot of build-up on their suspension bits I've found that good old WD-40 and steel wool does a great job and getting them shined up and you don't have toxic fumes to contend with.

Matt,

My 92 was under coated just like yours, I am using lacquer thinner and a rag to clean mine:mad: Yours looks good.

Thanks.

Oh yeah I had to use thinner on a few spots myself along with acid, white wall cleaner, and WD40 as Scott said. Steel wool and a metal brush about the size of a tooth brush really helps too.

Back