• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailing 101: What product(s) do you use for the black rubber/metal areas around

The windshield or spoiler? Rubber or plastic being the surface, I would think something that could saturate and coat. Probably same thing that you would use on tires.

So, what do you use? And do you buy retail or in bulk from a detailer's supply house?

I've been using Chadwick's Triple Play after reading about it on other automobile forums:

http://chadwickstripleplay.com/

The product is pretty amazing and really easy to use. I was certainly skeptical at first, but figured I should give it a try, considering all the enthusiastic testimonials I read on their website and in various other forums. Ultimately, it's hard to argue with the results. The shine is amazing.

Homefront.jpg

Appears to be another rinseless wash with a wax/quick detailer. There are so many good rinseless wash offerings by Blackfire, Optimum, Wolfgang, Ultima etc. I would stick to the ones that have been proven to work and cost far less than $70.

The windshield or spoiler? Rubber or plastic being the surface, I would think something that could saturate and coat. Probably same thing that you would use on tires.

So, what do you use? And do you buy retail or in bulk from a detailer's supply house?

I use Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing and it cleans the tires real nice but it doesn't give then that wet look. On black plastic, this product makes it look like new and I find that it lasts quite awhile, both on tires and plastic. The only drawback that I have found is that you need to cover your concrete as this stuff will turn it into a skating rink. I took a piece of cardboard and cut it so it fits around the bottom of the tire, works good. Plus it seems to work pretty well on my rims.

IMG_1205.jpg

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

Back