• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Determining value.. Gruppe M '92

I just find that I almost never drive this car, I have only put 4k miles on it in the last 5 years. And those miles mostly came from me driving it every 3-4 weeks just to keep the gas flushed out, and everything lubricated and operational.

Can you explain why? Do you ALWAYS drive your kids or your family or there is another reason? If I had that car I would drive it daily(having no family). Its fuel consumption really isn't that high (especially for american fuel prices) so I just don't understand..

Can you explain why? Do you ALWAYS drive your kids or your family or there is another reason? If I had that car I would drive it daily(having no family). Its fuel consumption really isn't that high (especially for american fuel prices) so I just don't understand..

I have an M5, an X5, and an R8 as well in my garage. The NSX is a blast to drive, but I tend to have a lot of clients in my vehicles, and it's not easy to shove 3-4 people into an NSX :) So I usually spend 90% of my driving in my M5 or X5. The main reason for selling the car is that it really SHOULD be driven by someone everyday like yourself, and I just don't give it the driving attention I used to. I could continue to sit on it, but I've just reached that age where it seems pointless to let it just sit, so I'd rather someone else get to enjoy it as much as I have for the last 17 years.

It's a classic no doubt, and I used to have even more vehicles than I have now, but I'm winding down a bit on that side of my life and keeping the vehicles more for purpose now. SUV for family/outdoors/towing, M5 for day to day, and R8 for sports car... kind of leaves the NSX in a redundant role now, thus the sale.

When I do put it up in a couple weeks, someone is going to end up with a great car that's been a part of the NSX community since it was started by Gary B and I back in the early 90s.

-BZ

I would never let supercharged NSX go before that R8 if I had to choose, don't like that AWD feeling in a sports car

oh and I also drive M5 (E39) and it really is perfect daily driver if you like faster driving, it's my sole car actually...

Yah I spend almost all my time in the M5 was well (E60), it's a fantastic daily car, it's just not friendly on gas.

I love the R8 personally, it's a ton of fun to drive and of course the power is nutty. (I have a V10). Since the AWD is dynamic, and you can control the traction level .. it's really easy to drive it like a RWD car. The two cars are definitely different animals to drive, but again this is coming down to more of a I have more cars than I need, and if I have to choose just one sports car to keep, today I'd keep the R8.

-BZ

I love to read all of your responses and feel the appreciation you have for not just the history and development of your NSX, but for some other very fine machines that you have as well....thanks!

Back