• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DNX Anyone?

Today I received a copy of the Summer 2002, "Acura Style Magazine". It is published quarterly.

They discussed the fast and well-mannered DNX.

As most of you know, Honda showcased the car at the 35th Tokyo Motor Show last fall.

After reading the article, in my opinion, the DNX power plant will replace the future NSX, that is if they even call it that.

Some facts about the DNX concept car:

113-inch wheelbase (Modena is 102.3 inches)

48 inched to the top of the roof

18/19 wheel package

0-60 in less than 5 seconds

Top speed 190 MPH

IMA hybrid technology like the Honda Insight. Uses electric motor for front wheels and the NSX motor for rears. They state 42 MPG. How can that be. My NSX does not get half of that.

Anyway, combined HP @ 400

Aircraft control yoke, voice recognition and night vision systems and 3-D guages.

IMO this is the way Honda is going. We will be lucky to see a V-8.

They closed with this: "Honda is well on it's way to creating a sports car without compromise-no ifs, ands, or butts".

I still want the V-8!

Forgot to mention the body will use lightweight, super strong aluminum composite. Aluminum Composite? Does the NSX body use aluminum composites? Never heard of such a material.

Originally posted by NSX4U2:
They closed with this: "Honda is well on it's way to creating a sports car without compromise-no ifs, ands, or butts".
Methinks you took a bit of literary license with the above quote. My copy doesn't quite read that way. Freudian slip?

Originally posted by Number9:
Methinks you took a bit of literary license with the above quote. My copy doesn't quite read that way. Freudian slip?

Read again, it's word for word.

I read something about that in Best Car Magazine 4 months back (in Japanese). I find it kinda sad if they do this. The Hybrid technology itself is already what I consider a compromise. I know that Honda's primary concern is fuel economy and environmental friendliness of their cars, but on a pure sports car like the NSX, I really think it's a bad idea, esp. for a car that's priced at $89,000. Maybe they oughta make 2 versions: a V-8 ~500HP top of the line model for $90,000, and the Hybrid V-6 for ~$50,000.

If they make a car and it performs, no one will care all that much how they did it.

Nobody's been complaining about the 911 Turbo's lack of a V-8...

Forgot to mention the body will use lightweight, super strong aluminum composite. Aluminum Composite? Does the NSX body use aluminum composites? Never heard of such a material.

The NSX uses a few regular aluminum alloys. Aluminum composite is different - it is a metal-matrix compound. The advantage of an aluminum composite is increased strength, stiffness or wear resistance, but usually at the cost of other properties such as ductility. There are many reinforcement materials and types, each with different pros and cons.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
If they make a car and it performs, no one will care all that much how they did it.

Nobody's been complaining about the 911 Turbo's lack of a V-8...

Yeah, why is that? Badge prejudice of some sort?

Back