• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do the local police Hate on your NSX?

But that same cop can move out to the suburbs and make $60k fresh out of the academy. Not to mention their ridiculous pension benefits that causes our property taxes to increase year after year.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no beef with that.

$60,000/year to put his/her life in danger and protect me and my family. Cheap.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no beef with that.

$60,000/year to put his/her life in danger and protect me and my family. Cheap.

MoogieBoogie means that in urban areas where overall crimerate tends to be higher, as well as cost of living, cops are getting paid half of what they are out in the burbs where crime rates are lower and cost of living is cheaper.

Its a real slap in the face to cops who work in more dangerous areas.

something interesting- i heard somewhere motorcycle cops are 3 times more likely to give you a ticket than regular cops. meaning your almost always screwed if they pull you over.

ANd does anyone who lives in irvine notice that there seems to be a rule with expensive cars? the owners seem to think its OK to run a red light as long as you are within the first 5 cars to run it? And yet ive never seen a cop pull anyone over.

I think cops are pressured to write tickets to bring in funds for the government.

They'll write tickets up for everybody, no discrimination.

But I'm sure there are a few of those cops that enjoy writing tickets more to the bling bling cars.

There is an exception to every rule for human beings.

I have officer friends that always tell me they mess with guys that look like punks...I also had a CHP customer that told me that his division were trained to eye cars that have a lot of aftermarket (illegal) parts and referee ticket them all... And racial profiling happens everyday in every town... i am not sure the NSX has the same luster to people anymore.. Don't get me wrong, I own a murcielago and would rather drive my NSX anyday, but I think the public view it as a "rice rocket" type of car... what do you think???:confused:

there are no quotas but there are "averages" for tickets, and if your way below the average, you are going to get a rough time for it. So in that sense towards the end of the month, yes they will pretty much write you up for anything whoever you might be. But I notice cops acting different to me depending on what type of car ive been pulled over in. (although I rarely get pulled over since I obey traffic laws pretty strictly) One even started whining and yelling at me in a higher voice than my mom used to @_@

Of course there are some cops out there that pull you over just because they dont like your car or "assume" youve been "doin some racin"

I'm definitely worried more about gettin pulled over and hassled about drivin a right hand drive vehicle over the NSX. hasn't happened yet (just got it) but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

So far I have had very good experiences with Irvine PD, Garden Grove PD, Fountain VAlley PD, and CHP. I should have gotten tickets but with their understanding, and their professionalism..........I got warnings instead. As such, I am still donating a few bucks here and there every year to their association for whatever....even for the picnics :D

To Rancho Santa Magarita.....I hate that place!!! I despite that stupid place!!! May you receive a good bankruptcy and lay off your police forces shortly. Oh.......I got one citation on my way in to look at a house, and got another one on my way out.....one for 5mph over and the other..... lane change without signaling where the street is empty.

Sorry to hear Poohbear, but sounds like my experience with Garden Grove PD, 1 in the morning on the way to work, 1 on the way back home. Both within 2 exits of 405/22/Magnolia. I don't even want to start talking about or thinking about tickets and dealing with courts (9+ in the last few years over serveral counties in CA and state line). The lesson I learn is to drive according to the law. It's not worth my time, energy, and $$ to fight a system that was not fair to begin with.

I'm definitely worried more about gettin pulled over and hassled about drivin a right hand drive vehicle over the NSX. hasn't happened yet (just got it) but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Tons of Skylines here in Canada, and yes, they are heat scores because of the RHD. But seriously, if you're not doing anything wrong, they can pull you over, but can't ticket you.

No problems in Portland, Or....I've been driving it for 4 years and 18,000 miles and all I've gotten are thumbs up and smiles from the law. I do keep the RPM's down when they're close...the RM exhaust can attract a lot of attention.

It took about 2 weeks from the time I put the wing on to the first time I got pulled over.

I hadnt been pulled over for a decade prior to that.

Officers here in Toronto have not presented me with any issue in either my NSX or in my previous S2000. All in all a good bunch.

Is the HATERADE coming from them making these salaries??? I know all of the officers are NOT like that but the money they get paid must encourage a lot of them to hate on you and give you a hard time compared to the minivan zooming past you with a woman on the phone and doing her make-up in the rear view mirror...:frown: :frown: :mad:

Back