• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you anticipate speculation with the HSC during its first year sale?

We all know when the NSX came out in 1990, it was possible to make a substantial amount of profit if you had the chance of being the first buyers on the list...

Can somebody recall us what exactly happend with the NSX and care to give us context informations to help us understand more what could/will happen with the new HSC?

Do you think it is going to be the case again with the HSC?

I know we must take into account a lot of informations like price, perf numbers and what will be promoted by car magazines but let's play the game for fun.

I think it will be possible to make some money because for
( almost ) sure this new car won't disappoint performance wise.

I still consider true that Honda want to keep the price the same or lower it.

I also start with the premise that Honda will release a less than 3,125 kg/hp car.

Name me the last anticipated sports car that did not sell for more than sticker, and I think that will answer the question.

effer said:
Pontiac Aztec and even if not considered as a pure sports car: Mazda RX8?

Aztek???? :confused:

009103-E.jpg

effer said:
We all know when the NSX came out in 1990, it was possible to make a substantial amount of profit if you had the chance of being the first buyers on the list...

Can somebody recall us what exactly happend with the NSX and care to give us context informations to help us understand more what could/will happen with the new HSC?

Do you think it is going to be the case again with the HSC?

I think buying 1st years cars and then try to resell and make a profit is not a good idea. I have friends that did that for the Boxster and ended up losing money.

Dealers will mark it up to meet demand and I don't think they will let go of a car if they are sure there is someone willing to buy it more than sticker.

the 2003 sl55 amg was selling for up to $40,000 over sticker up to six months after initial release. the regular 500 sl was getting up to $10,000 for the launch edition and sport package. the aston martin and new bentley are also pulling in premium dollars. there are many dealerships which do not sell high demand cars for over list,find one and put down a refundable deposit for the car, and walk away from the deal if the car doesnt meet expectations when final specs are released

I know the z-8's were being sold for $20k over sticker at the BMW dealership here. Fools!

White92 said:
I know the z-8's were being sold for $20k over sticker at the BMW dealership here. Fools!

Only $20K over? I had a friend who went to a dealership in San Mateo that wanted $120K over! That's right, twice the list price! Instead he flew to France and got one for slightly less than list!

Back