• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DOC L angered the NSX Gods...Thank you to FL Primers....and I bought an NSX!!!

Hello Fellow Prime Members,

After more than a year of looking, searching and lurking around NSX Prime, I finally became an NSX owner on Saturday morning. At different points, I even sent some PMs to members asking if they wanted to sell their cars...sorry if offended anyone. :smile:

I am now the proud owner of two owner, garage kept, 1994 Berlina Black Coupe with approximately 47K miles. So far the car looks to be great find.

I would like to give a big shout out and huge thank you to the prime members in FLA who helped me through the transaction. Their advice, guidance and information was essential and truly appreciated. Robert (RSO34), Shawn (shawn110975 ), Boca RAT, MKETHPN....and most importantly DOCL (Dr. Rob).

DOCL took his time to not only speak with me on the phone, but also dedicated an entire Saturday morning to going with me to inspect the car, test drive it and help me better understand what I was getting into. He brought his Lotus...sort of (more on that later)..

Words can't express the thanks and gratitude I have. This is truly the best online car forum/club that I have ever experienced and I look forward to helping keep it up on NSXPrime.

Doc L Angers the NSX Gods
Now for the next part of the story. Doc L and I were scheduled to meet on Saturday morning before I go see the car. We plan to meet at 9:00 AM...
I get a call from him around 9:15....indicated he is stranded and might not be able to go. Turns out DOC brought his beautiful Lotus Espirt...which suddenly decided to blow a coolant hose....just a few blocks from our meeting point.

For those of you who don't know, the Lotus is what Doc bought instead of buying another NSX. Kharma has a funny way of kicking your ass sometimes...and the NSX Gods let him know. After we got all squared away with the Lotus on the hauler...I seem to recall a conversation with Doc about how the NSX just doesn't break...and after 15 years of ownership with an NSX something like this never happened..etc.

Actually his Lotus is a very beautiful car...and its an amazing burgundy/red color that I haver never seen on that type of car. I feel terrible that it broke while he was on his way to help me. I do think there are programs out there for former NSX owners who want to come back...

Despite the car trouble...it was truly a great day and time well spent with a great NSX primer and I someone now consider a friend.

I wonder how long do I have before I have to start the build thread...?

Pics of Doc L - Lotus on the hauler...if he didn't want to put miles on it..i just would have picked him up...lol
Pics of My new NSX...

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2424.jpg
    IMG_2424.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2441.jpg
    IMG_2441.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2413.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
It was really nice meeting you Tom. I'm sorry that you had to pick me up from the gas station and then drive me home. Truly a humbling experience. :smile: Fortunately there was no damage to my engine, just a busted coolant hose.

As it ends up, Tom bought a beautiful Blk/Blk 1994 NSX, all stock. I hadn't driven a stock NSX in 14 years. Mine had many suspension mods and a nice Taitec Parallel exhaust. Tom's new car felt great. I joked with him on the test drive that when we got back to the sellers house that I was going to offer the seller 5K more than Tom paid. LOL. I'm sure we're going be hearing more from Tom in the future.

Congrats on the new car and use it in good health.

Here's a pic of my NSX before it went to the graveyard.

IMG_0371 copy.JPG

Last edited:
DOCL............... you know better than anyone that coolant hoses rot with age... and the NSX with 21 of them you should have had those darn hoses replaced at day one of owning the Lotus.. you know how we yell at garage queens cars and those pesky hoses sitting..

Doc tell us when it blew the coolant hose did you think for atleast a second I should have gotten another NSX tell us the truth...

and thanks for the shout out we are a tight community and let me tell you would a Ferrari site or other club, drive to inspect the car with you I can prob say no.

anyway congrats if you need anything PM me... you start noticing little things that need attention after a few days.

one more little advice this is becoming an issue is the seats, not so much the driver but the passengerside. run it forward and backward about 10 times to wake it up.. we never move this seat etc. so the motors are locking up with age.

goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

also first names are good.... FULL name is bad..... but good for Identity theives. a small edit is needed in your post..:rolleyes:

Great story and nice car. Rob did the same for me many years ago when I was NSX shopping. He picked me up in his beautiful 94 (RIP) and let me drive it to the car we were looking at. :eek: A true class act.

DOCL............... you know better than anyone that coolant hoses rot with age... and the NSX with 21 of them you should have had those darn hoses replaced at day one of owning the Lotus.. you know how we yell at garage queens cars and those pesky hoses sitting..

Doc tell us when it blew the coolant hose did you think for atleast a second I should have gotten another NSX tell us the truth...

and thanks for the shout out we are a tight community and let me tell you would a Ferrari site or other club, drive to inspect the car with you I can prob say no.

anyway congrats if you need anything PM me... you start noticing little things that need attention after a few days.

one more little advice this is becoming an issue is the seats, not so much the driver but the passengerside. run it forward and backward about 10 times to wake it up.. we never move this seat etc. so the motors are locking up with age.

goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

also first names are good.... FULL name is bad..... but good for Identity theives. a small edit is needed in your post..:rolleyes:

thank you...edits made...my bad

goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

Shawn, you fvcking kill me man. LOL

Fortunately I didn't buy a garage queen Lotus, mine had 26k miles on it. Yeah they are the original hoses, but only 10yrs old. I was going to replace them soon anyway. When the hose burst, and I had to call Tom, I was like WTF!! I'm going to meet a noob and my NSX replacement just left me stranded. I know that if I had another NSX that wouldn't have happened. I'll be honest. The thought did enter my mind to sell the Lotus and get another NSX. But since the busted hose is a fairly easy fix and there was no damage, I'll keep onto the Lotus for a little while longer. If I get left stranded two more times it will be time to sell the Lotus. But I think I'll wait for the new NSX to hit the roads before I make another purchase.

Anyway, let's let Tom have the spotlight back.

you should hold out for a new one...can't wait to see the reviews from the current NSX owners....I know am new to NSX ownership...but if you read all the the "love threads" about the NSX....I fear that there might be an impossible legacy that no car can live up to...not even the new nsx..

Doc - Just make sure you keep your AAA membership updated....at least the tow truck driver was pretty careful about handling your car.

Last edited:
Doc's a great guy/member,,,,,,,,,,,,until you get his bill. And it's likely on it's way. Hey, someones gotta pay for all those new Lotus hoses.:biggrin:

Thank you all for the warm greetings...and offers to help. I will definitely be hitting many (if not all) of you up for some advice and guidance. I really appreciate it. The car was delivered today, so now I finally have it in my possession. I already ordered my first replacement parts for some weather stripping and the rear trunk shock that keeps it open. And I already starting looking at new wheels and tires.

Now it's time for you to join the NSXCA so you can go to NSXPO coming up in October, and NSXCapades in December right here in Florida! You're invited.

http://www.nsxca.org/nsxca/join/

Thanks...i joined as soon as I got home and had the title in hand...NXSCA member number #3500

I live in PA but met DOC L in person and bought the car in Florida...so does that qualify me "adopted" or "honorary" membership in SE region club? I had such a great experience in FL, that I am confident I will be there again sooner than later.

congrats again...where in Pa are you?

good ol scranton

Back