• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does 91 nsx have factory alarm?

I own a 1991 nsx...and the alarm is apparently activated when I lock the car from the exterior. Doesn't make a beep or chirp. But if I attempt to open the door without the key (disengage the door while windows are down)...soon as i unlock the door alarm goes off, lights flash...if i stick my key in the ignition the car does not start...i disactivate the alarm by sticking the key back into the door cylinder....

Do all NSXs come with this...or is this some kind of aftermarker system? thanks a lot guys....

I think all NSX come with some sort of alarm. If you look at the driver's lock thingy, you can see the red "security" light blinking.

Its def. not aftermarket....as to what alarm was installed prior to delivery, thats a whole different story.

I've always wondered if the alarm goes off if the alarm is activated and someone hits the car while parked. Does anyone knows for sure ? tia

seems like it has some kinda ignition kill function to it......probably not a bad idea to invest some money in a aftermarket alarm...any suggestion for about $300 bucks....

I have a Viper 791XV.
I paid $500 which included installation and lifetime warranty.
It comes with a remote starter.

speedyizzy said:
I own a 1991 nsx...and the alarm is apparently activated when I lock the car from the exterior. Doesn't make a beep or chirp. But if I attempt to open the door without the key (disengage the door while windows are down)...soon as i unlock the door alarm goes off, lights flash...if i stick my key in the ignition the car does not start...i disactivate the alarm by sticking the key back into the door cylinder....

Do all NSXs come with this...or is this some kind of aftermarker system? thanks a lot guys....
This is the alarm system that is standard equipment on all NSXs sold in North America.

It does not react if someone bumps the car or smashes the glass, only if the doors or trunk are opened without the key (or remote entry).

It has a basic alarm and no motion detector. The remote feature is optional which is kinda strange for an expensive car at the time.

I have to unlock mine from the passenger side. If I use the key in the driver side door, the alarm goes off. Is there a fix for that?
I do get bonus points because the wife thinks I'm being a gentleman and opening the door for her. :-D

Back