• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does an 02-05 battery and tie down fit on a 1991?

As the title states. I'm looking to buy a new battery and the tie down is missing. The only tie down available is for the later model. Would it still fit? Part numbers are different.

As the title states. I'm looking to buy a new battery and the tie down is missing. The only tie down available is for the later model. Would it still fit? Part numbers are different.

If you want an alternative that's not going to break the bank this is what I ended up installing and it works fine. They are available on Ebay under Battery Trays and cost between $5-$10.
I looked at the later model NSX tie down, but with the Group 35 battery that I have in my car the clearances are very tight so I didn't think it would fit.
Batter.JPG

Last edited:
Just ordered a 2005 tie-down from acuraoemparts.com. (Delray Acura.) Hope they can get me one and I hope it fits. My original plate is wrapped in electrical tape as the coating was failing. That thing sure is close to the terminals. Not a great design, if you ask me.

Just ordered a 2005 tie-down from acuraoemparts.com. (Delray Acura.) Hope they can get me one and I hope it fits. My original plate is wrapped in electrical tape as the coating was failing. That thing sure is close to the terminals. Not a great design, if you ask me.
Please let me know if it fits or if it is discontinued.

i got a new tie-down a couple years ago,and the right-angled coated bar that holds the battery down was a little wider on one side than the other.make sure you put the narrower side on top,and you will have a little more distance or clearance from the terminals.there was an old thread that mentioned this.

here it is-
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ng-the-battery?p=757838&viewfull=1#post757838

post #3 ,with a helpful picture

Last edited:
i got a new tie-down a couple years ago,and the right-angled coated bar that holds the battery down was a little wider on one side than the other.make sure you put the narrower side on top,and you will have a little more distance or clearance from the terminals.there was an old thread that mentioned this.
here it is-
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ng-the-battery?p=757838&viewfull=1#post757838
post #3 ,with a helpful picture

LOL...Mine is the last post in that thread. Posted in 2011. But thanks for the reminder, robbie.

funny,i didn't follow it to the end

I would be interested in know if it fits too. Post pictures when its in. Also, what size battery fits it best.

Last edited:
Yes, based on personal experience. I was told I had purchased the last 02 for my '91!
It's only 35$ so I think I will buy it and post it. Thanks.

I just ordered one today. I will post the installation pictures when I get it. I'm trying to get the car track ready for June.
My current bungee cord will NOT suffice on the racetrack.

Mine came in but Jazz Fest in New Orleans was this past weekend so I've been kind of busy. Might get pics tonight.

No, Jinks, the local quarter mile will let pretty much anything past tech that isn't on fire at the time and THEY won't let you run with just a bungee. ;)

Don't you just hate waiting for parts
Guys, it fits. The only thing that did not fit were the bolts. The ones that hook onto the chassis. They were far too short. That may be because my battery isn't Oem and possibly taller I do not know. But I already had a universal battery tie down kit which had longer bolts which matched the Oem ones. I knew I shouldn't have thrown that kit away!
Battery is locked into place. No more worries or ugly bungee cords. Unfortunately though my JL audio battery terminal replacements are far too small to accept the Oem wire. Oh well. Back to searching for a better replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 123737

Guys, it fits. The only thing that did not fit were the bolts. The ones that hook onto the chassis. They were far too short. That may be because my battery isn't Oem and possibly taller I do not know. But I already had a universal battery tie down kit which had longer bolts which matched the Oem ones. I knew I shouldn't have thrown that kit away!
Battery is locked into place. No more worries or ugly bungee cords. Unfortunately though my JL audio battery terminal replacements are far too small to accept the Oem wire. Oh well. Back to searching for a better replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 123737

Thanks for the update and picture. I'll have the same problem with short bolts. The group 35 battery is on the tall side. I'm not sure what the oem battery size is.

Thanks for posting the picture, Jinks. Mine sat on my desk for a week before I finally got around to putting it on. Looks just like yours of course, except my oem hooks work just fine. You must have a taller battery than I do. It is definitely wider.

Thanks for posting the picture, Jinks. Mine sat on my desk for a week before I finally got around to putting it on. Looks just like yours of course, except my oem hooks work just fine. You must have a taller battery than I do. It is definitely wider.
No sweat Tof,
I actually was able to fabricate the jL audio terminals to the battery. Only reason being, is some numb nut cut the Oem terminals prior to my purchase and I dealt with 5$ autozone terminals for ever. It really cleaned things up and now I have several spare connections. Please see pics. They really keep the terminals far from the tie down. Also, it is hard to see but the terminals come with clear plastic protectors as well and shims for a superb grip on your battery.

View attachment 123922View attachment 123923View attachment 123924

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is interested, here is the Amazon link. I did have to crimp on some copper connectors. Easily found at any auto parts store. Got mine from pep boys.

http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-XD-BTS-Compact-Terminal/dp/B004NONEZW

Back