• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does Peter Cunningham have a chance for the overall victory?

I'll be going to the Laguna Seca event this September and am wondering whether Peter has a chance to win the whole thing. I checked the points and he is a good 20 or so points behind Galati in 1st. It seems that one 23rd finish really hurt his chances. Even if he came in 1st both here and the final race (I think there are only 2 left... am I wrong), does he have a chance anymore of taking the whole thing.
I know that if something happened and Galati DNFd, he would lose enough points and Peter can regain 1st. However, if Galati came in 2nd or 3rd in both of the last races, even if Peter won both, the point difference doesn't look like it would be enough to overtake the top spot.
Does he have a chance? I'll be there to cheer him on.

I dont think he has a chance, but when you consider what they have done with a 10 year old car as basically privateers against the big $$$ of Audi, Porsche, and BMW they should be very proud of a podium finish.

I was watching the race in Portland and it seems like he may be having power problem? They talked about it a little but not much in detail. He's like 40-50 pts behind galati now but who knows.

He's having a great season. I'm only disappointed because he really could have taken it all, but lost his chance from the mechanical failure which caused him to finish 23rd that one race.

I don't know if they made him turn down the boost, but they sure did make him add a ridiculous amount of "equalizing weight" so the competition wouldn't cry. Well I guess thats part of the structure of the league, but I think its kinda bs.........making add 300+ pounds of ballast to the car.

Originally posted by hejo:
If I remember right didn't they make him lower the boost on the SC?

Peter had the car "reward weight" at +110lbs.
They cut the boost to 5 lbs. Which will still make the NSX competitive. However, he is experiencing technical problem in Sears point and in Portland. Hopefully he got everything sorted out and will come with a good battle in Laguna.

Looking forward to this weekend. He'll need to place first in the last couple races, and hope that the Audi has a problem and loses some points, to even have a chance at regaining first place.
Personally, I would love to see the points even out for the final race so either can win. Then watch Cunningham and Galati go at it during the final race for the championship. That would be exciting.

Back