• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does the defrost only blow hot air?

This is probably a stupid question but i couldn't find the answer in the manual and its driving me crazy.

When either of the defrost modes are selected on the ccu, will it only blow hot air? My other Hondas and Acuras have a cold defrost.:confused:

I ask because it is miserable hot in my NSX when i try to defrost a foggy windshield. Even when i have it set to 60 degrees the air coming out of the vents is much hotter then when i have the heater set to 90 degrees. Also, should the center vent be open in the defrost mode, because mine is and man it is ridiculous hot in my car when things start fogging up.

Sounds like your CCU is acting up and need to consult Briank.

The defrost should turn on the A/C to help get rid of the moisture from the air, but the temperature coming out of the vents should be whatever temperature you set your climate control at.

Sounds like your CCU is acting up and need to consult Briank.

The defrost should turn on the A/C to help get rid of the moisture from the air, but the temperature coming out of the vents should be whatever temperature you set your climate control at.

Brain just repaired my ccu and said its fine. What else could it be besides the ccu that would cause this problem? I inspected all of the wires and they all look fine as well.:confused:

Ah you do have some kind of sequencing problem.
Hopefully there is someone around you close with an nsx and someone who cares.
You can sit cars side by side and check out the operations of each vehicle.
Note any differences, check them out in the manual.
As you know it take like 4 minutes to take out your heater head unit and maybe you can throw someone else's in and see what happens.
Just my 2 cents.
Trev

Back