• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dont mess with Tron

At the GVBMW event last week, Tron made a surprise appearance.

Tron.jpg

I guess this is what happens when you're not driving your cool car; you need a cool-suit.

Let the ridicule begin.

That is Stu (Red) BTW.

Ahhh, so much money, so little time.

I used to love the Tron Game. Disney made that movie didn't they? I think they turned down another one to do it. What was it again....

It sounds like something that would happen on Seinfeld. Jerry's racing buddy quits racing, Kramer says I'll take that coolant suit and then walks around drinking coffee, smoking cigars in a sauna.

That is pretty much how it was!

The shirt you see him wearing is just the lining too. The suit comes with an overshirt that says "Captain Cool" across his back.

BioBanker said:
That is pretty much how it was!

The shirt you see him wearing is just the lining too. The suit comes with an overshirt that says "Captain Cool" across his back.

Shut, up! :eek:

That is pretty nuts... I need to re-evaluate visiting the track, or at least disassociate myself with Flynn or Tron here.

True story!

The suit may look rediculus, but you should see how well it works.

I guess it was condensing or something because after sitting in one of those nylon chairs for awhile, when his run group was called and Stu went to get up, THE CHAIR CAME WITH HIM!!!!

It froze to his ass!!!!

It was me and this guy Shane on one end of this chair, pulling on it trying to get Stu loose so he could go on the track!!!!

Hillarious!!!

BioBanker said:
True story!

The suit may look rediculus, but you should see how well it works.

I guess it was condensing or something because after sitting in one of those nylon chairs for awhile, when his run group was called and Stu went to get up, THE CHAIR CAME WITH HIM!!!!

It froze to his ass!!!!

It was me and this guy Shane on one end of this chair, pulling on it trying to get Stu loose so he could go on the track!!!!

Hillarious!!!

That is too kule for skule! There must have been a condensor on it. And to think I just shove ice cubes down my pants. It works for a few minutes and then is just messy.
:cool:

Im serious. These track days are pure jokes. They're hillarious all around.

Who cares about the driving! I park next to Stu for the antics.

BioBanker said:
At the GVBMW event last week, Tron made a surprise appearance.

Tron.jpg

I guess this is what happens when you're not driving your cool car; you need a cool-suit.

Let the ridicule begin.

That is Stu (Red) BTW.

OK, I spend one day away from the forum and see what happens? All this propaganda - coming from a guy who's car attracts 14 year old boys' asses, too!

First, My cool suit doesn't opperate out of the car, and I don't drink coffee.

Second, It is just a T-Shirt with a continous line sewn into it (notice how he convienently removed the pict after the first post...

Third, My car is a REAL race car, none of this prissy Air Conditioning or big honking wings - I'm trying to go fast, not attract the aforementioned 14 year old boy's asses (see other threads for details)

Fourth, Those of us in the ADVANCED run group (Dave was in the slow group if I recall) go fast and work hard, so cooling in the 45 degree heat is important - I believe Dave was just wearing DEPENDS to suit his driving style, I know Phil, his instructor well, and when I asked him how Dave was driving his answer was, "Depends". When I said "on what?" he said "get me a pair before I have to go out again with him!!!! PLEASE!"

Professional Race Car Drivers wear cool suits, babies wear diapers!

My ass didn't stick to any chairs, but Dave stunk some up - bad!!!:biggrin:

BTW - come to the track this Monday and you'll see my suit but you won't smell Dave - he won't be there, he's afraid of going out without his big honking wing for extra downforce, watch, hell be out to every trackday once he feels the car will generate enough downforce to run well upside down!

I see you guys are leaving this thread alone!

Dave (BioBanker) and I are friends, this isn't a flame session - but with your help it could be!

Didnt freeze to your ass....co'mon! We both remember the unmanly things that had to be done to free you of that chair. Why Captain Cool sat down in it again on deepfreeze after the next session I dont want to speculate!

And please, dont talk to me about wings. You're getting funky hoods for Dunkin Donut downforce! And what about those cannard things you've ordered?

BioBanker said:
Didnt freeze to your ass....co'mon! We both remember the unmanly things that had to be done to free you of that chair. Why Captain Cool sat down in it again on deepfreeze after the next session I dont want to speculate!

LOL! But you said you wanted to lick my icicle!

BioBanker said:
And please, dont talk to me about wings. You're getting funky hoods for Dunkin Donut downforce! And what about those cannard things you've ordered?

Canards are ducks in french!

You're mixing my appetite for duck a l'orange with Nathan's desire to look more Japanese!:wink:

Stu - you are going to have to clarify what you mean by "fast". I see people going fast on the track, but then I see you wearing your F.A.S.T shirt. Do you mean FAST, or F.A.S.T?

There is a big difference.

We all know what fast is, but F.A.S.T, as indicated by your shirt, stands for Farts Alot Speed Team.

Which one are you talking about?

Last edited:
BioBanker said:
Stu - you are going to have to clarify what you mean by "fast". I see people going fast on the track, but then I see you wearing your F.A.S.T shirt. Do you mean FAST, or F.A.S.T?

There is a big difference.

We all know what fast is, but F.A.S.T, as indicated by your shirt, stands for Farts Alot Speed Team.

Which one are you talking about?

Mine stands for F#ckin Awesome Steering Technique, its how I kept control of the car when this idiot in front of me (who was already going slower than me - my bad) lifted in turn 2 causing me to need to apply a little stopping power:rolleyes:

BTW - I'm doing reliable 1:38s now, probably down to 1:37s towards the end of the day when I figured I could apply full throttle between 8 and 9 without my balls getting scared and leaving the car without me!:wink:

Soon they'll consider taking the "."s out of my cool shirt logo!

Really? 1:38s? That is pretty F.A.S.T.

That is way faster then you seemed to be last time out, like 7 SECONDS FASTER!!!

You doing the full track or cutting through the trees?

BioBanker said:
Really? 1:38s? That is pretty F.A.S.T.

That is way faster then you seemed to be last time out, like 7 SECONDS FASTER!!!

You doing the full track or cutting through the trees?

It is way faster - I get faster and faster as I gain confidence and feel/predict the car more, I'm starting to get towards the limit of grip in some places, but not really - I'm still a little conservative (except in attire) but now I'm 4th gear (out of 5 gears u NSXrs!) foot planted on the floor, out of 1 and keep it there until the brake zone of 2 then before the second apex of 2 (when I'm happy the car is lined up nice) I'm flat out in 4th again to the brake zone of 3, etc. I would pick up speed with an upshift but my sphynchter muscles are simply not letting my foot depress the clutch! Now I know I can pick up 1-2 seconds in the back 8-10 combo, so I'll do that well and perhaps my sphyncter will relax for less grippy situations.

The other thing is I've found an excellent path from 2 onto the back straight just past 5b, hardly any trees, anymore.:wink:

Does this mean that you can now change your signature to something extremely macho?
It currently is an 8 out of 10 on the scale.

Street: 03 Y/Y NSX
Track: 97 Porsche 944 T Fiorano 2.8, 320 rwhp, cage, look out!
H2O: 12 Meter, 3500 lb, Screamer sailboat
New, Improved, Now with Track License AND going faster than ever before

Back