• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

door lock

Hi everybody!!!
Work on progress. I have dismanteled my passenger door today and .....IMG_1228.jpgIMG_1226.jpg
During the 10 years of immobilisation of the car, I think field mouse have make damage; as you can see they eat the wire...
I think this is the reason why door lock doesn't work and blow the fuse everytime I try the button lock door.
So, I make a quick reparation (with adhesive electrical); but I think the best to do is to change the wire (don't know if i can find one new)?
If not, Did some know how to fix this "properly"?
With my temproray reparation, the centralisation works with the panel button lock door BUT when I use the key on the driver lock; it doesn't close the passenger door (when I lock the passenger with the key, it works fine and close the 2 doors).

Last edited:
Hey, it's good that you found the reason :smile: Carefully check for further damage, mice like to chew on different places.
The wire loom should be repaired as it's likely easier than replacing it (and more economical). Generic explanations should be available online.

Hey, it's good that you found the reason :smile: Carefully check for further damage, mice like to chew on different places.
The wire loom should be repaired as it's likely easier than replacing it (and more economical). Generic explanations should be available online.

many thanks Heineken, I will try to solve my last problem: the bose stereo :confused: maybe a cable chew by a mousse too...I will check

Capture d’écran 2021-02-01 à 21.48.34.png

Could you just confirm that this plug is the one which remote the door locking (and need some WD40 or silicone to avoid bad contacts)? that you mentionned in your post(http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?396-Bose-Speaker-AMP-Service-03)

Last edited:
I find this explanation in the wiki NSX section this morning:
[h=3]Normal Lock Operation[/h] The following describes how the doors lock and unlock using the ignition key:

1. Locking drivers door locks both doors.
  2. Unlocking the drivers door unlocks it only.
  3. Locking the passenger door locks both doors.
  4. Unlocking the passenger door unlocks both doors.
It's excatly what happens now :tongue:. It is very strange that the driver door doesn't unlock the 2 doors ....but why not!
I think the problem is solve.....just one litte thing, when I lock the driver door with the key, I heard a small "click, click"..during 2 or 3 seconds.

many thanks Heineken, I will try to solve my last problem: the bose stereo :confused: maybe a cable chew by a mousse too...I will check

View attachment 168545

Could you just confirm that this plug is the one which remote the door locking (and need some WD40 or silicone to avoid bad contacts)? that you mentionned in your post(http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?396-Bose-Speaker-AMP-Service-03)

Thank you, but this is not my post :tongue:
Nevertheless, the connector with the silicone grease is probably the topmost (not connected) one: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=10537&d=1317766390 (from the same page)

yes; it is partially fixed.
I repaired the wire connections but when I use the centralisation (key or button or push lock door) There is a strange thing: the push lock door "switch" (high and down very quickly severals times).... but good news, the fuse doesn't burn anymore

Hi, little update of the situation.
I think if fixe the problem today; after disassemble the right door, I check the harness and the plug (as done before) and I wonder why there is a sort of "cream" or "paste" on it. First time I see it, I though it was something a factory/OEM protection against...humidity or anything else (but I didn't see the same on any other plug). But it look like the glue using to paste the plastic door protection; so I decide to clean it and all the connector and...Miracle: the centralization works :tongue: (maybe it won't work tomorrow but today with the key and the different lock button inside the car; it works.

Good news !!
hopefully that was the problem, keep us posted ;)

The blue plug behind the internal fuse box? That blue plug has 20 connections! there should be a whole lot of things that are not working...

The most common issues for your problem are:
  • The presence of obstruction
  • The latch lacking lube
  • A dead switch
  • Loose or disconnected linkages
  • Actuator wire, fuse, gear, and motor issues
The idea is the mentioned issues are hard to fix without the necessary skills and knowledge. Locksmith w11 workers repair all types of lock defects, promising a long-term guarantee.

Last edited:
Back