• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Carbon Fiber Engine Cover Group Buy

NRG said:
Awesome guys! We got our 10 slot filled for the $100 discount. I'll call Downforce today and let them know the names. I hope they'll have some time to answer some of your questions this weekend.

Hopefully they would be willing to add more to the list if demand dictates. I would think # of request to begin a group buy would be good but then after the initial designated number is attained that a time frame cutoff should be in order.
Others that don't frequent the board as much might want the opportunity to take advantage of this but didn't see it in time.
Any thought's on this?

92NSX said:
Hopefully they would be willing to add more to the list if demand dictates. I would think # of request to begin a group buy would be good but then after the initial designated number is attained that a time frame cutoff should be in order.
Others that don't frequent the board as much might want the opportunity to take advantage of this but didn't see it in time.
Any thought's on this?

That's what I thought about the RWG, but Peter never replied to my PM asking him about it. If you recall, he ran the Group Buy for the first 10 people and within 6-7 hours the list was full and the rest of us were S.O.L.:frown:

Shumdit said:
That's what I thought about the RWG, but Peter never replied to my PM asking him about it. If you recall, he ran the Group Buy for the first 10 people and within 6-7 hours the list was full and the rest of us were S.O.L.:frown:

I didn't know that.:frown: Probably are right about this too then.

92NSX said:
I didn't know that.:frown: Probably are right about this too then.

Here is the quote from the RWG group buy:

The price is $275 (includes shipping, international extra $10) for the first ten full deposits made to [email protected]. I will announce when the 10 spots are closed out and refund any payments that are after the 10th.

Three hours later all the spots were filled and he then posted anyone who attempted to paypal after that time would have to pay the normal retail price.

sorry for the delay but here are the picture in the day light

Attachments

• MVC-115F.JPG
    MVC-115F.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 204
  • MVC-116F.JPG
    MVC-116F.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 254
  • MVC-117F.JPG
    MVC-117F.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 288
  • MVC-118F.JPG
    MVC-118F.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 223
Downforce,

Looks great.

Is the recent picture clear lexan? Do you have a picture of the champagne and smoked? I'm just trying to decide which one to order. I'm just afraid that the smoked lexan is TOO dark and the inside engine is not visible.

A picture of just the lexan alone is sufficient enough.

Hi i'm roger peter's older brother, for you that missed out on the cf engine cover, i'll talk to peter and see if he can do another group buy.

Attachments

• MVC-119F.JPG
    MVC-119F.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 134
  • MVC-120F.JPG
    MVC-120F.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 141
  • MVC-121F.JPG
    MVC-121F.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 378
  • MVC-122F.JPG
    MVC-122F.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 149
there 4 colors total but the light tint and champagne looks pretty much the same. so just pretend there is clear light tint and dark tint.

Attachments

• MVC-123F.JPG
    MVC-123F.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 164
  • MVC-124F.JPG
    MVC-124F.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 195
  • MVC-125F.JPG
    MVC-125F.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 188
  • MVC-126F.JPG
    MVC-126F.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 176
  • MVC-127F.JPG
    MVC-127F.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 317
DOWNFORCENSX1 said:
Hi i'm roger peter's older brother, for you that missed out on the cf engine cover, i'll talk to peter and see if he can do another group buy.

We'll be waiting.
Still have the question about whether these are already made or are waiting for all the orders to come in before producing them?

DOWNFORCENSX1 said:
every week we should be able to make about 4 of them.
How do I pay for cover?
Thanks
#6 on the list.
I would like the champagne thou and have a t-nsx so just let me know how much.

Thanks

I am #3 on the spot. I too have a couple questions.

How much exactly is the price of the CF engine cover shipped?
Do we pay Downforce right now at [email protected]?

I choose the light tint lexan.

Thanks

Donny

DOWNFORCENSX1 said:
every week we should be able to make about 4 of them.

Ok. Thanks for the quick answer.
How about the other one about those that didn't read the ad in time or couldn't make a solid commitment by the time the first 10 slots were full?

All,

Roger from Downforce is going to speak with Peter to find the best payment option to apply the 100 discount to the total price on their website.

I'll let you know once I find out anything new.

I'm not sure if he's doing it or not, but i'll ask him about it.

92NSX said:
Ok. Thanks for the quick answer.
How about the other one about those that didn't read the ad in time or couldn't make a solid commitment by the time the first 10 slots were full?

july 12th peter will setup a payment for the cf engline cover, he's waiting to get the price on clear for the cover for those of you that want that option, can't use regular clear for this, because it's in the engine bay.

I'll take the champagne lexan. I can update the main post to make it easier for you once I hear from everyone on the list.

Were you able to find out about the special clear coating for the cover?

Let me know how I/we should make payment. There are 4 people on the waiting list if any of the 10th decides to change their mind.

Thanks a bunch,

clear lexan for me pls. :)

I would like to get the smoked lexan.

Also, can I used the weatherstrip from my existing engine cover and put it on the CF engine cover? If not, I will need the CF engine cover with weatherstrip.

Thanks

Back