• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Carbon Fiber Engine Cover Group Buy

NRG

Experienced Member
Hello Everyone,

In speaking with Peter at Downforce, he will give $100 discount if we can gather 10 buyers for the carbon fiber engine cover.

The price of carbon fiber material is on the rise. It's not going to get any cheaper guys. Put your name to reserve a spot for a great product and price. When you buy Downforce product, you're picking one of the best out there. Downforce has established a name to build top quality products for our NSX. Our NSX deserves the best :)

For more description at downforce.biz site:

http://downforce.biz/cart/catalog/Downforce-Engine-Cover-p-16213.html

For pictures:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72335

NOTE: More pictures to come soon of the lexan color from Downforce.

1. NRG - light tint lexan
2. Biobanker - light tint lexan
3. NSXROC - medium tint lexan
4. Paul M - light tint lexan
5. BruceWayne - t-nsx - light tint lexan
6. Shumdit (pending pics of the colored lexan/mesh options!)
7. rbirling (custom frp version) - clear lexan, with double panes, on FRP painted black
8. Vega$ NSX - light tint lexan, but would like to see mesh picture
9. IsR - light tint lexan
10. nchhotu - clear tint lexan

Waiting List:
11. 92NSX declined.
12. IsR moved to the top list since QWKSLVR change his mind.
13. nchhotu moved to the top list since Oyagi change his mind.
14. taf
15. byronj - light lexan
16. DVDoughboy
17. ChrisNSX

By the way, the cover is similiar to Advance Engine Cover in Japan for $1000. With the group buy price, you can't beat the price for a Downforce product.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34238

Last edited:
Is this a product that is already made and just have to put the correct shade of lexan in it or are we talking about waiting months before we would get it?

92NSX said:
Is this a product that is already made and just have to put the correct shade of lexan in it or are we talking about waiting months before we would get it?

For me, 1 week, for you, about the same time it takes to get your RWG:wink:

Downforce is spending a lot of time in creating products for us. We need to be patience since they're nice enough to provide us a group buy discount.

They might not frequent nsxprime a lot as a vendor, but I have sent an email to them with all your questions and concerns. As for pictures, they stated that they have received the lexan from their supplier already and will be posting pictures as soon as they can.

Hopefully, they'll have time soon to answer all your questions.

Mynsxjoy said:
Why doesn’t DF get involve on this thread and post better pics and exact pricing. I am very interested. Also can we get a lexan and mesh combo like this.http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/engine_cover/CF-lexanmesh-left.jpg

They will work on "T" models (Targa is incorrect terminology, and some of the more anal among us will point it out:biggrin: :wink: ), but you will have to store the roof in the trunk.

Peter will test fit the cover on my car. The unit will fit with the T model, but spacers are needed, just need to figure out what size to use. You will have to store the T in the trunk.

This cover will also work with CTSC equipped car.

Oh what the heck, count me in!
:biggrin:

5 more slots to go!

1. NRG
2. Biobanker
3. NSXROC
4. Paul M
5. Oyagi

1. NRG
2. Biobanker
3. NSXROC
4. Paul M
5. Oyagi
6. BruceWayne - t-nsx
7. Shumdit (pending pics of the colored lexan/mesh options!)

1. NRG
2. Biobanker
3. NSXROC
4. Paul M
5. Oyagi
6. BruceWayne - t-nsx
8. QWKSLVR

1. NRG
2. Biobanker
3. NSXROC
4. Paul M
5. Oyagi
6. BruceWayne - t-nsx
8. QWKSLVR
9. rbirling (custom frp version)

1. NRG
2. Biobanker
3. NSXROC
4. Paul M
5. Oyagi
6. BruceWayne - t-nsx
8. QWKSLVR
9. rbirling (custom frp version)
10. Vega$ NSX

Awesome guys! We got our 10 slot filled for the $100 discount. I'll call Downforce today and let them know the names. I hope they'll have some time to answer some of your questions this weekend.

Back