• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce NSX-R Wing LED connector installation help

Hey guys (or gal). I just bought a DFR wing with 3rd LED brake light, and am having issues installing the 3rd brake light connector. Surprising little is available on the forum about this.

This is the female connector on the Downforce Type-R Wing.
IMG_0049.jpg

Is there a connector I can disconnect on the OEM wing side? Or is cutting/splicing unavoidable?
IMG_5938.jpg

That almost looks like the connector in the engine bay for the brake light - on the left side somewhere near where the chassis bar mounts. somebody may have made this connector to fit the OEM connecter. See if you can fish it through where that rubber grommet is on the body. If not, then you either have to splice or add a connector to the existing harness.

Is there a connector I can disconnect on the OEM wing side? Or is cutting/splicing unavoidable?

There is a connector on the backside of the OEM light itself. Take the 5 little plastic circles off the bottom of the OEM wing, unscrew the 5 screws and gently pull the OEM light out. You can disconnect the connector on the backside of the light bar. Then you can fish it out of the OEM wing. If that connector works then you just fish that through the DFR wing.

See if Post 102 in the thread below helps with pictures of the connectors:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...re-this-one-goes-quot-build-quot-thread/page5

[MENTION=11250]whatisreal7[/MENTION], you need to pull that oval rubber grommet on the car up and it will reveal the plugs. Then simply unplug the OEM wing and plug in your DF wing. Unfortunately that oval hole will not be covered by a rubber grommet as its part of the OEM harness. Hope that helps.

I suggest buying part # 32106-SL0-000. It is the wiring harness with the grommet attached. This allows you to properly seal the hole from water intrusion. Plus it allows you to avoid destroying the wiring on your OEM wing. Just cut connector off the end of new harness, cut the connector off the DF wing, and then solder the two wires together. You'll then have a DF wing with a connector and grommet that's identical to OEM.

And if you're a perfectionist you may want to buy these parts for your DF wing too....

71708-SL0-000 x 6
71707-SL0-300 x 4

These are the seals and tape that attaches between the wing and the trunk lid. These protect from water intrusion and rubbing on the deck lid. I found these parts had all dried out and/or fallen off my OEM wing. However if yours are still there and in good condition you may be able to reuse them.

Last edited:
Back