• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drink of choice

Drink of Choice

• Beer

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Mixed Drink (Please clarify)

• Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch

• Tequila

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Wine

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (Please clarify)

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
I did a search and couldn't find a thread about good alcohol. So I've been a huge fan of various wines, red or white. And then I was only interested in cranberry, grey goose, and lime. But now, I'm looking for better drinks.

So I've recently purchased a bottle of Macallan 18 (1992) and really enjoy it.

MACALLAN%2018YR%20375mL.jpg

What would you recommend, or what do you guys like?

Last edited:
The OG one if you can get it! We only have the reformulated ones here in Long Beach. :frown:

The OG one if you can get it! We only have the reformulated ones here in Long Beach. :frown:

yeah, i hate new recipes that make things crappier. Like RT-215 --> RT-615.

I'm a bourbon dude Elijah Craig 18 is at the top right now and Woodford being the staple. I'm looking for new ones to try. For scotches I like lesssss smokey/peaty Johnnie black/gold. Macallan 12 18 are ok if there's no walker as they are pretty smooth. Recently at bevmo I spotted a Macallan 25! although my buddy says the 18's better.

Talisker 10yr has fast become my choice for an 'every day' kinda scotch. I've got a bottle of Tobermory 15 on the shelf though that is absolutely incredible...

Talisker 10yr has fast become my choice for an 'every day' kinda scotch. I've got a bottle of Tobermory 15 on the shelf though that is absolutely incredible...

i've heard good things about Tobermory. After i polish off the Macallan 18, i'll have to get a hold of some Tobermory. Thanks.

I just drink crown or chivaz on the rocks when I'm out. I love beer, but I get too full after a couple.

The finacee just picked me up a bottle of this. Gonna try it out despite the fact it's not the 170 proof my family was known for. I'm sure it won't be all bad. . :biggrin:
moonshine-jar-old-smoky-moonshine.jpg

Johnnie-Walker-BlackLabel-lg.jpg

I still prefer a blended Scotch. It was only in the last 10 years or so that I had access to decent single malt and the means to afford it now and then so I just never really learned to appreciate its added complexity. JWB is always readily available and I like the flavor. On the rocks or neat, of course.

There are so many great craft beers these days that it's hard to pick one. When I'm feeling cheap I've found Michelob Pale Ale to be pretty drinkable. But what I prefer is a really good nutty brown ale. When I feel like getting extreme, a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA does the job. I got my hands on a couple of six packs of Estrella Galacia a few years ago and it was about the best damn pale lager I have ever tasted. Have not been able to find a source for more since.

Here in Mississippi we have very limited access to beer, wine, and other alcohol. The state determines what brands may be sold, coming out with a new list from time to time. There are maybe five or six hundred brands that can be sold. Sounds like a lot until you figure there are probably well over 50 different brands of Vodka alone that are imported into the US. And the list includes all the wines that we get. Beer is not included as this is regulated on a similar basis by each COUNTY. (All the counties around here tend to come up with pretty much the same list). So we are limited to maybe 100 beers. That includes separate listings for each Anheiser Bush product, for example. So you get to 100 real quick. Beer is also limited state wide to 6.25% ABV so we don't get much in the way of IPA for example. We have to go to Louisiana to get anything really interesting.

Last edited:
I'll pass on the hard stuff. Can't do it anymore. This is my drink of choice on those rare occasions when I drink (usually it's diet whatever).

affligem.jpg

Back