• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive to Mt Baldy via GMR with a "twist" on 8-25

Thanks patty :biggrin: excited for the drive and the hike. Hopefully my passenger doesn't mind some spirited shenanigans.

I'll have my anti-barf pills. If she thinks she might get car sick, she could chew one up before when we meet before the drive.

What a beautiful day on the mountain. Good turn out. Even Jason and Jonathan showed up close to on time. GMR continues to be one of the twistyest of the canyon runs we do. Photo and video coming soon. Thanks Les and Irene for serving up another fun drive. And breakfast was pretty awesome too.

What a fun morning. Thank you Les for organizing this event; my wife and I really enjoyed it.

What a beautiful day on the mountain. Good turn out. Even Jason and Jonathan showed up close to on time. GMR continues to be one of the twistyest of the canyon runs we do. Photo and video coming soon. Thanks Les and Irene for serving up another fun drive. And breakfast was pretty awesome too.
^That's not what you told your wife, though, is it? :rolleyes:

I came close to feeling like puking as a driver. I should have taken my own advice and had the anti-barf pills. :redface:

I loved the drive and the chair ride and hanging out with my NSX friends, again. Breakfast was pretty good, too. I ended up with 3 left over brownies. Well, make that two, now. When I pick up Jerry at John Wayne in an hour he'll be happy to take one off my hands.

Thank you, Les, for arranging this all for us, yet again.

Thank you Les and JC for planning such a great drive. My mom and I really enjoyed it and the view at the top of Mt. Baldy. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377466761174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377466761174.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377466861940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377466861940.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377466891918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377466891918.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 59
Excellent ride. Thanks.

Well I made it to the top of Mt Baldy, barely. The 3.2 mile hike up took two and a half hours, 20 minute rest at top and one hour forty minutes down for a total of four and a half hours. The last switchbacks up were hard when you are tired but my real problem was going downhill. My toes were really hurting and when I got off the lift I could barely make it to the car. When I got home I found the problem. My toenails were too long and the shoe pressure was forcing my toenails back into my toes especially my right big toe. Now I know how torture works when you pull somebodys nails out only mine was in reverse. The hike was scenic and the weather excellent, about 70 degrees at the top with some wind. At least now I have done it and I don't have to do it again.

What a beautiful day for a drive, breakfast and a walk in the mountains. You can thank Irene for the after drive events as she was the one that found the lift ride and breakfast combo last year. It seemed as everyone had as much fun as we did. Here some of the pics I took.

Right after breakfast

Starting our walk to see the desert and take pics.

Pics with desert in background

Nemo

Jonathan & Sami

On our way back from the desert view

One of my beautiful wife

Both of us

Mark & Flo

Lift ride down with our cars way in the background

That's Patty in ther chair ahead of us

Almost to the bottom

Last edited:
How did I miss this...

We were wondering the same thing, especially with an "all you can eat" breakfast. You even posted on this thread twice.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Such an awesome drive and event altogether Les! Thank you for setting it up and I hope that this becomes an annual thing. Next time I will be more prepared for the hike!

I am ALWAYS on time...my counterpart however is less the morning person than I

Excellent ride. Thanks.

Well I made it to the top of Mt Baldy, barely. The 3.2 mile hike up took two and a half hours, 20 minute rest at top and one hour forty minutes down for a total of four and a half hours. The last switchbacks up were hard when you are tired but my real problem was going downhill. My toes were really hurting and when I got off the lift I could barely make it to the car. When I got home I found the problem. My toenails were too long and the shoe pressure was forcing my toenails back into my toes especially my right big toe. Now I know how torture works when you pull somebodys nails out only mine was in reverse. The hike was scenic and the weather excellent, about 70 degrees at the top with some wind. At least now I have done it and I don't have to do it again.

^I'm glad to see your post, George! I was wondering how your hike went. Sorry that you had such foot pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Such an awesome drive and event altogether Les! Thank you for setting it up and I hope that this becomes an annual thing. Next time I will be more prepared for the hike!

I am ALWAYS on time...my counterpart however is less the morning person than I

^Ah, that makes sense now. You always used to beat me to meets.

First attempt at GoPro editing so please be merciful.

http://youtu.be/PAextFE2yL8

edit: video is still loading and will become available as soon as it's finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I don't know Les, I kind of like this one
mtbaldy-57-XL.jpg

Last edited:
damn wish I could have made this one! going to have to go up there one of these weekends

ps whose mp4-12c?

Last edited:
Thanks to Les for putting a great drive event.
Too bad I couldn't join you guys for breakfast and lift ride. Maybe next time :)

Thanks to Les for putting a great drive event.
Too bad I couldn't join you guys for breakfast and lift ride. Maybe next time :)

Yeah, and too bad I didn't get to beg for a ride in your car. :wink:

^I'm glad to see your post, George! I was wondering how your hike went."silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

^Ah, that makes sense now. You always used to beat me to meets.
I trimmed my toenails, put on a bandage on one of my toes and played 2 hours of racquetball today so I am all right. Thanks.

Yeah, and too bad I didn't get to beg for a ride in your car. :wink:
Kyras, I felt little awkward bringing a funny looking nsx (according to Les :wink:) to the drive but I'm glad I came out to play.
My nsx won't be ready for September South Coast Acura meet so I can bring the mac again. We can def. go for a ride and all I want for return is some nutty brownie :wink:

Last edited:
Back