• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driver side door latch

just happend yesterday. Couldnt get in from my driverside door. using the outside door handle but will open from the inside. what can it be?

I'm thinking the cable came undone from the outside door hand assembly (part #21 on the diagram). You have to take off the inner doorpanel, peel back the vapor barriers, roll up the window to see if the cable has indeed been undone.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/find-parts/Acura/NSX/1991/2DR NSX/KA5MT/FRONT DOOR WINDOW

If this was the case the INSIDE handle would not work. This has to do with the handle rod that connects to the latch, the rod is in the pic, same part 21.

HTH,
LarryB

Happened to mine also. Had a mechanic to install the new one but on a hot day it will not open. Also it does not click open like when it was new. Maybe there is a tension adjuster like the one on the inside door opener.

If this was the case the INSIDE handle would not work. This has to do with the handle rod that connects to the latch, the rod is in the pic, same part 21.

HTH,
LarryB

Yes, I was talking about the handle connected to the outside door handle, not the inside handle.

Yes, I was talking about the handle connected to the outside door handle, not the inside handle.

My point is the cable being broken or unattached does not effect the outside handle at all:). If I have a door panel off, and remove the cable the outside handle works fine, this will only effect the operation of the inside handle.

Back