• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition 2009 Race season.

Ok maybe I should have specified... If you switch cars
You drive his nsx, he drives yours S2k... You still won't catch Kip! :smile:

Glad you are employed... Need to keep supporting the local track's and clubs.

Later,
Don

Puhlease :) I'd take that challenge any day.

Kip you wanna trade cars for a hpde and see who turns a faster laptime :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Whoooooo guys, take the target off my back! I just want to have fun.

Oh you have a BIG target on your back now. Or maybe it's just a kick me sign, hard to tell from here ;)

I'll try to give you some competition this year, but we'll see. I still maintain you should stoop to my level ;) But I know that'll never happen :)

Wow Such talk :biggrin:

Ry, If you can get your front tires and a set of 315 on the rear on my car then you can race KIp!!! With 550 large is all I can get in the hp department so all that would be left is pure talant. Do you feel lucky:cool:

I am going to thunderhill Friday to see if I can still drive and if my baby still loves me:biggrin:

Steve

Whoooooo guys, take the target off my back! I just want to have fun.

Steve, will you let Rylan drive your car? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:biggrin:
He would have to KILL my baby to try and chase you down and we know that fun will turn into gear grinding maham. With that said MAYBE. I did let him drive it at Laguna and I could have pushed it faster than he drove it, but I was sick that day so he took it easy on me :biggrin:

Steve

I am going to thunderhill Friday to see if I can still drive and if my baby still loves me:biggrin:

Steve

That's the Spirit! LIVE TO RACE - RACE TO LIVE... I'll be there Friday to witness your resurrection - Good times:smile:

BTW- I modified your snore guard giving you an additional 5 hp.

Last edited:
Ok, you guys are not giving Rylan his well deserved respect. What he does with that car is pretty amazing. Believe me when I tell you that he is just getting warmed up with his new ride. 500+ RWHP, only 50 +/- #s of excess weight over mine, and what I am most envious of, his monster 285 front tires. He is capable of winning the ITE class again. Trust me, dont underestimate your competition and especially Rylan. He is pleasant to be around all the time but his alter ego comes out once he sits in that car. I have driven with him many times and it will just be a matter of time until we are having serious fun and I am trying to chase him down.:cool: I can't wait. Kip:biggrin::biggrin:

Puhlease :) I'd take that challenge any day.

Kip you wanna trade cars for a hpde and see who turns a faster laptime :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sweetpea is pretty sensative! She might not ever get over me not being faithfull. I am not sure if I could disrespect her that way?::tongue:

When do you leave for Germany?

Last edited:
Sweetpea is pretty sensative! She might not ever get over me not being faithfull. I am not sure sure if I could disrespect her that way?::tongue:

When do you leave for Germany?

:LOL: My car's a whore. It doesn't car who drives it. It would be fun tho.

I leave on the 10th. Gone for almost 3 wks.

:eek: 1:39.57 Best Lap time :eek: Are you kidding me??? Now I know why you're the Champ!

BTW, I was briefly there after your first race to pay homage. Your onboard video is quite amazing with all the digital readouts- but most viewers won't be able to appreciate just how technical Sears Point can be around some of those corners/turns.

Again, congrats to both Rylan & Kip for their great finishes. Hopefully, the guy in the white NSX will get his mojo back soon so we can see a "1-2-3" finish for Driving Ambition this season. :smile:

Last edited:
Remember that lap time is the short course because of the wrecked wall at T11.

I was doing 45.5s on the full course and Kip was doing :41.?s

Remember that lap time is the short course because of the wrecked wall at T11.

I was doing 45.5s on the full course and Kip was doing :41.?s

Ry,
I really have to step up my game if I am going to race against you guys!! I have never went that fast there:confused:

Steve

bigbeachball.jpg

LOL

Last edited:
Update,
This weekend @ Laguna Seca is the 2nd SCCA regional race of the year. Today was practice and qualifying. Three Driving Ambition tuned cars qualified in the top 5 in the ITE class (Kip in NSX, Niles in RX7, James in S2K). Kip set another track record with a 1.32.1 and qualified 1st in ITE. In the SP class he qualified 2nd @ 1.31.04 getting closer to Frank Emmet in the very fast vette. Unfortunately Niles in the RX7 who qualified 2nd @ 1.35.6 crashed in the cork screw will not make tomorrows race. But James in the newly supercharged S2k had his tire pressures set way to high and will hopefully move forward in the race. Rylan in the other very fast S2k is not running this weekend but will be at the next race @ Thunder Hill. Cheers, Shad

Re: Track Record !! now we're talkin'

Congrats Shad. You da man.

But really, has that hayseed slacker you call a driver finally quit messing around? :wink: :tongue: How much more does the car have in it? :rolleyes:

Hey Ted, missed you to! You know me, I'm just taken iy one step at a time. Sure she's got more room in her buy like I said, one step at a time. Are you going to be @ Thill next month? Kip

Back