• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition 2009 Race season.

Broken axle and bad clutch? Honda junk.... :biggrin:

Wow congrats Kip. Way to represent.

Re: The Weekend Forecast?

So, got the trailer all packed and ready to roll?

What's the DA (duh) team got up their sleeve for the monumental battle this weekend with 1) "that other brother Darrell" in ITE and 2) King Frank in SP? More boost? Several cases of Rockstar on ice? :cool: A new tip on the proper driving position? Many hours of practice on Playstation? Maybe some fresh nitrogen in the rubber? :smile: Or just another 100 HP?

I see that sneaky Elmer ain't signed up, but that don't mean $hit, does it? He off running some Muscle Milk race back east? A convenient excuse, I'm sure. :rolleyes: Come to think of it, I might have to keep an eye out for him this weekend racing ARC at Thunderhill. Boy, if that pansy's there, he'll get an earful from me, you betcha. :wink:

Well, here's hoping the big mo-fo crowds of wankers that love to show up for Laguna keep their wimpy asses out of the gravel traps so you can race it up and put that other DA and King Frank in their respective places; like 2nd.

Give em hell, Shad. Oh yeah, you too, KO.

Update,
Yes, the race is this weekend. No big changes plained other than making sure the parts that broke last time work this weekend. I do hope our aero changes we made before Thunderhill might work a little better at Laguna. We learned allot from the in car video and hope to improve. Cheers, Shad

Nice video. One thing I noticed was how solid the car seemed in the sweepers. It seemed to track real tight and didn't wander much if at all from the line chosen. Looking at Kip's hand movements I think validates that. That would say a lot about the suspension setup and also the aero package doing their job. It must be a great feeling to be able to take this car that fast through the corners and feel confident that it's going to hold. Great work Shad and the team at Driving Ambition on the car setup. Kip, how about for my birthday I get a ride in the car during a practice session? Pretty please. Sometime around Sept. :rolleyes::redface:

Keep up the good work.

Al T.

Thank you Kip, for giving me the thrills of being in that driver's seat on a saturday morning. That was... INTENSE... awesome video.

That Mustang must die... :biggrin:

Please post more videos. Shad, great job with the car. Wow...

Thank you Kip, for giving me the thrills of being in that driver's seat on a saturday morning. That was... INTENSE... awesome video.

That Mustang must die... :biggrin:

Please post more videos. Shad, great job with the car. Wow...

+1

One of the few vids that I didn't fast forward through to the end!

Good Run Guys!

Update from Laguna:
In SP Kip qualified on pole and won the first race. In ITE Kip qualified 2nd to Darrell Anderson the the Mustang, but got the jump at the start and held on for a very close win in ITE. Kip qualified the same for tomorrows races, pole in SP (1:29.8) and 2nd to Darrell in ITE. Darrell lowered Kip's ITE track record to a 1:30.6, but Kip is only a 10th back with a 1:30.7. The racing tomorrow should be very close. Cheers, Shad

Woohoo! Looking forward to another NSX vs. Mustang vid.

That must be one well handling Mustang.

In SP Kip qualified on pole and won the first race. In ITE Kip qualified 2nd to Darrell Anderson the the Mustang, but got the jump at the start and held on for a very close win in ITE.

Way to go Kip!! I see that you are using everything I taught ya! :biggrin:

Kip kicked some serious butt yesterday and today! Sorry I didn't see more from prime out there, but with father's day and all, I understand. I'll post some pix later.

Some pics of kip:
IMG_9939.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

How not to enter the corkscrew.
IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9885.JPG

All of Miles' pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/milesramseyer/2009_06_21#

Way to go Kip, Shad, Rylan !!! Darrell must have been tired of watching your rear end all weekend long:smile:

Re: Well, sitting around waiting for DA race report

I got to kibitzing a bit on the results and I can see there's a lot to say. So, Kipster, fill us in on the color commentary, por favor.

Race #1 ITE
So you got by Darrell on the 1st lap; guess you’re better than him on cold tires? :smile:

Then you quickly pulled out a 8-9 sec gap until the last 4 laps; then he came back; must be heavy traffic? Just 1 second at the line? :eek: Mighty close racing my friend.

Race #2 ITE
Again, got by on 1st lap with a first lap time that the rest of the field would kill for. But how does Darrell grab pole in the first place. Traffic, right? So then he was on your ass for the most part; only a 3 seconds gap mid race until the last 2-3 laps when he’s back on your bumper and just like before, finishing less than a second behind. That traffic killing ya? :confused:

SP
Well too bad about Frank not showin’. What was his excuse? Did he even show up in the paddock? Bummer, you had to deal with an upstart GT-2 'P' car. How insulting !!!! :mad:

Hey, Elmer was hiding up at T-Hill last weekend. He raced Saturday but had starter issues and didn’t race Sunday. I gave him a ration saying that you and Frank were missing him and what was he hiding up here for? Well, he pleaded sound bias: saying he got the meatball last race for 105 but when he went to Portland a couple of weeks later they only recorded 94 dB. So he’s not happy with the sound meters and cops down here. That's a pretty good excuse of course, since if T-Hill busts you, you know you don’t stand a chance at Laguna. And looking at all the sound busts on the time charts in my Group 2, it was as bad as ever. But then the weather on Saturday was perfect for that, I hear. Anyway, I told him you thought he was just a wimp. His nostrils only flared a little bit. :rolleyes:

Well, lots of good news: Kicked butt and got a ton of green flag laps for the weekend; only 4 laps of yellow, so you gotta love that. Car ran flawlessly and you must laugh hysterically as you whip up on those boys on the opening lap? Oh yeah, and no more Mr. Nice Guy with the wankers in the back.

Enough said?

Hey ted, you came pretty close.

Sat ITE 1st place
Sat SP 1st place
Sun ITE 1st place
Sun SP 1st place

ITE Sat:It was awesome and the cold weather had the car pulling like a BEAST down the straight @ the green flag. The gap was closed due to traffic but mainly because D. Anderson is really fast and has a will to win like I do. He kept me on my toes and can never ever be underestimated. He is a great competitor. By the end of the race both of our cars were @ 9-10/10th of our talent level. It was awesome. As far as pole goes, I believe I could have gotten it but we were not on the ball in getting up early and with all the cars missed a clean lap. Darrel was on it and up front and center. I believe he got his fast lap before he hit the lappers. He deserved it!

ITE Sun: All the same stuff, but at the start, D Anderson launched away and I was about 1 1/2 cars back but D. Anderson braked and a few hale Mary's later I was in front entering turn 2. Did'nt look like Darrel was going to stop so I stayed wide and we were doing a very lovely drifting exibition thru turn 2 but the turn 3 right hander was in my favor being on the outside:eek:. Stories about the same from there, other than I had decent luck with the lappers in the first half but I would say that Darrell had the better luck in the second half? It was great racing for me!

SP Sat: Frank did show up. It seemed as if he was going to pull one of the textbook back to front moves he has pulled before(so I am told) but on this day the stars were in my favor. I was on pole and Shad had warned me NOT to underestimate the P car boys. Had a good start and checked out early. as I hit traffic, I called on Shad to give me the spread between Frank Emmet and myself. We were both in traffic and the gap was +/- .30 seconds. Frank was the mark and keeping the gap was the goal.Everything was on my side and Shad had the gap @ around 35 seconds when Franks car took a view seat on the left between 6&7. I made sure to give him a wave of the flag on my way by:wink:.

SP Sun: More of the same but no frank. The P car boys stepped up their game but I still was able to get a small gap. Three semi heavy offs and a Bimmer missing a wheel brought out the yellow and my gap was no more. Green again and gained a small gap and maintained my gap until the end.

Summery: It was a picture perfect weekend with great racing, my awesome beyond words NSX that Shad has prepared for me to drive, My family watching and four races packed with large field and even a Pratt & Milled Caddilac WC car (beautiful car). Best of alll are the four 1st place finishes on Fathers day. Basically a perfect weekend to be Kip Olson. Thanks, Kip

Last edited:
Re: There is justice in the world

I made sure to give him a wave of the flag on my way by.
.........Best of alll are the four 1st place finishes on Fathers day. Basically a perfect weekend to be Kip Olson.

Now, with that awesome accomplishment, maybe the the Driving Ambition staff will show their faces on the DA website. I've got Super Sleuth on the job researching "Why is Bob the only full face we can see?" :confused: Is he the only one old enough that the statue of limitations has run out on his crimes of youth? :wink:

Lol, Kip you have begun to talk about Kip Olson in the third person.This is a subtle sign that you are feeling confidant and fast.I know of only one other primer who practices this kinda spooky self revelation.....Billy!:wink: I sure hope John dose'nt start with the third person cause his posts are so rich with content...I might freak out:tongue:

Wow John, I am sorry that you persieved my post that way. Unlike the other situations you speak of, it was Kip talking about Kip answering questions
and/or clarifying situations. By no means was it meant to come across that way. Ted has a unique inside understanding of the situations I was speaking of. Your perception is exactly why I limit my posting. I'll be more careful. There is no third person talk going on here and I'm not feeling as confident and fast as you percieved. I,m just having a great time in my car. Hope this clarifies my position for you. Take care, Kip

Kip, My tongue is firmly planted in the cheek:biggrin:I'm ribbing you.I enjoy reading about your success and the wonderful car Shad et al. has built.So please percieve my comments as they were intended,as a crafty jibe,because you are fast!!!:wink:

Good Driving; congrats!

Re: What new bits for 7/25-6?

Hey Shad, since I was about to sign up for the next race, I was wondering, what's in store in 2 weeks?. Anything special you want to hype that will really bring out the local polishers, posers as well as real helpers? :rolleyes: Or is it time to kind of go down low so as not be distracted with lots of whuffo questions ("whuffo you do dat?") ?

Well unlike our Group 2 schedule, at least yours is much better than the last T-Hill race; no starting from the back because you had no time to fuel/tires in between races. :cool:

And KO, what are you doing to prepare? :confused: Need any help with provocative Emails to Frank, Elmer and Darrell? I'm here to help you know. :tongue: Anything I can do to get y'all to a fever pitch that weekend, just let me know.

And speaking of fever pitch, you worried about the heat? I am. It's been too damn cool and we're due for about a 110F-no-wind-scorcher. :eek: Better have a backup cool shirt system. :wink: Maybe Calvin will fill his trunk with ice and drinks. :smile: (pssst......that would be Rockstar White, Calvin; I'll have the Meyers for later)

Anyway, I'll be there with laptop at the ready.....and maybe a cub reporter too. (You there, Larry?)

Back