• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving Ambition 2009 Race season.

Cub reporter reporting here for dutie. But I've got a feeling that the 110 degree heat will keep the geriatic track junkies at home. Otherwise, it's a cool shirt and urinating every 20 mins. Anyways, my kids have some cool spy gear that might come in handy for the next race (not that KO needs it).

Summery: It was a picture perfect weekend with great racing, my awesome beyond words NSX that Shad has prepared for me to drive, My family watching and four races packed with large field and even a Pratt & Milled Caddilac WC car (beautiful car). Best of alll are the four 1st place finishes on Fathers day. Basically a perfect weekend to be Kip Olson. Thanks, Kip

Kip, Congratulations! I'm late to check in on you this season, but it's clear that you and Shad are doing awesome. I can only say how jealous I am reading about your car -- the set up I've always wanted in my NSX, only to have it ruined by a couple of boneheads. Well you know the story so I won't reiterate it here. I still have my eye on the perfect engine somewhere down the line when I come back into some extra cash. In the meantime, mine is getting a makeover - new paint and aero including Shad's splitter & undertray. That will have to do for now. Meanwhile my racing Jones is being realized thru my 911RSR. Just got back from VIR a couple of weeks ago where I won my race and managed to lower my best time by 4 seconds (see attached pics). So I was pretty happy about that!

Keep up the great work!! Can't wait to see your baby in person the next time whenever that may be...Remember, keep the shiny side up. :biggrin:

Good luck,

Bruce

Attachments

• IMG00078.jpg
    IMG00078.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG00080.jpg
    IMG00080.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 65
Update,
We are racing this weekend @ Thunderhill for SCCA regional race #7. Today Kip (1:49.1) qualified 2nd to Elmer Shannon (1:49.0) in SP with Frank Emmett (1:51.4) in 3rd. In ITE Kip (1:51.2) set a new track record and qualified on pole with Darrell Anderson (1:51.6) in 2nd. Hopefully our Friend Ted will help with a real race report. Cheers. Shad

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 79
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 76
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 80
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 77
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 81
Those tube frame cars are fast,so that means that you guys have built and tuned the car perfectly and Kip is getting the max performance he can from the tires,nice work!

What a perfect day for racing...Thunderhill 6/26/09 -->

Pre-grid this morning: View from the back of the pack

100_0847.JPG

Kip's on the Pole for ITE: KO's as cool as the other side of the pillow

100_0848.JPG

A very familiar scene this race season (DA chasing KO): Once again, Kip gets off to a strong start. The rest of the report to follow from Ted...

100_0850.JPG

Last edited:
Update,
Sorry for the slow response, it has been a very busy week. Thanks Larry for posting the pictures. Ted, was still in tech when we left, not sure if we will get a real race report out of him. Kip got a great start in ITE and was out to a great lead when the axle started to fail. Lucky Kip realized what was happening and was able to slow down enough to keep the car together to finish 2nd. In SP class Kip and Elmer left the rest of the field far behind and looked to have one of the best races of the weekend until Elmer's car failed him. I will try to post the video soon. Cheers, Shad

Re: Youse guys are Awesome

Don't know nuttin' about racin' :redface: but I can tell youse guys are a force to be reckoned with. Not like Y.E. Yang or other flash-in-the-pans, you'll have it your way for quite some time. Being an old school big city boy, it pains me to say it, but those Vettes and Stangs will be chasing your cute little 'X' ass for quite some time. :eek: A big Booya to ya. :wink:

I figgered I'd better post the obvious since apparently, the rest of your fans are still sitting there slack-jawed and drooling after watching the video. Eventually they'll come around and post something........maybe next week? :rolleyes:

I'll check back in a few years..............:tongue:

Kip,
Your writing of the event on 6/23/09 was right on the mark. You were telling us exactly what we wanted to know on how the car was working and how the race was going for you. Please understand that we (the NSX community) are living our racing dreams of the NSX vicariously through you. Honestly those of us who really know you find it a thrill to see you doing so well. We knew you had the talent, and with Shad's great fabrication and maintenance skills, well that's a team that will be hard to beat. Keep the passion alive in both you and us for the rest of the season. We're all riding on your shoulder cheering you on at each race.

Good speed and good health to you and yours,

Al T.

Re: Taking no prisoners, are ya?

Well I see ya did it again. Kicking ass and taking names like it's all perfectly legal.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127874

All of us down at the Blue Note have been wracking our Jack-addled brains for what the big announcement could possibly be. :confused: Hrant monogramming some shop rags for ya? :rolleyes: Well, the least ya could do is order some embroidered bowling shirts from him. :wink:

Back