• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving my NSX to work

Haha nice! Yea, Acura is supposed to be understated but the amount of attention and the number of conversations with others that I get are quite a lot.

Hey there,

I'm new here since I just got my 2019 NSX. I ordered it in August 2019 and took delivery at the beginning of November 2019. It's been a fantastic car, and my only regret is not being able to drive it more often. I'm daily driving mine to work when it's sunny out, and I (or maybe it's the car I suppose) get a lot of looks and a few thumbs up as well.

Just thought I'd share. :smile:

Hey there,

I'm new here since I just got my 2019 NSX. I ordered it in August 2019 and took delivery at the beginning of November 2019. It's been a fantastic car, and my only regret is not being able to drive it more often. I'm daily driving mine to work when it's sunny out, and I (or maybe it's the car I suppose) get a lot of looks and a few thumbs up as well.

Just thought I'd share. :smile:
Welcome and enjoy it as much as you can! I did a nice drive today on back roads. Incredible car.

I find everyone really loves this car I get approached at gas stations and people are all smiles. It doesn't have the air of snobbery like other brands Ferrari or Porsche where people can be downright rude or it draws the wrong kind of attention.

I have had people run out of their stores when I have been in traffic driving downtown, just to ask me what kind of car it is and compliment how beautiful it is. Same thing with girls asking what it is and getting out of their cars in traffic at a stop light.

I have never had this type reactions from a car not from an R8 and not from a Porsche. Not even close.

Last edited:
The people working the drive-thru at my local Chick-fil-A love the car, so much so that they keep walking and talking to me as I go through the drive-thru line. If you've ever been to some Chick-fil-A restaurants, they will have attendants working outside taking orders, payment, etc. in the drive-thru to speed things up.

The funny thing is that one time I went to a local Cars and Coffee event before I took delivery of the car, and I ended up talking to a couple of guys, one of which was a Corvette driver. He asked me "Why did you order an NSX? Why didn't buy a Corvette?" Funny. I guess the world revolves around Corvettes.

The people working the drive-thru at my local Chick-fil-A love the car, so much so that they keep walking and talking to me as I go through the drive-thru line. If you've ever been to some Chick-fil-A restaurants, they will have attendants working outside taking orders, payment, etc. in the drive-thru to speed things up.

The funny thing is that one time I went to a local Cars and Coffee event before I took delivery of the car, and I ended up talking to a couple of guys, one of which was a Corvette driver. He asked me "Why did you order an NSX? Why didn't buy a Corvette?" Funny. I guess the world revolves around Corvettes.

My wife sometimes takes the NSX to the grocery store and she said some guy approached her and asked "why didn't you buy a Lamborghini instead of the NSX?"

She replied "Lamborghinis are for Douchebags."

The Corvette crowd kills me between their love for white leather New Balance shoes and shorty shorts. Also their poor wives being held captive all day riding around in the passenger seat of their red corvette convertible.... No thanks

My wife sometimes takes the NSX to the grocery store and she said some guy approached her and asked "why didn't you buy a Lamborghini instead of the NSX?"

She replied "Lamborghinis are for Douchebags."

The Corvette crowd kills me between their love for white leather New Balance shoes and shorty shorts. Also their poor wives being held captive all day riding around in the passenger seat of their red corvette convertible.... No thanks

I never noticed a correlation between Vette folks and New Balance footwear.

I wont't concede that one.

I am originally from MA and am really fond of New Balance. They do wide sneakers right and they built a >$500 million dollar complex about 300 feet from one of my apartment buildings, and my rent revenue went way up.

I never noticed a correlation between Vette folks and New Balance footwear.

I wont't concede that one.

I am originally from MA and am really fond of New Balance. They do wide sneakers right and they built a >$500 million dollar complex about 300 feet from one of my apartment buildings, and my rent revenue went way up.

Here is all the proof you need for the New balance correlation. Its the goofy looking white ones they like

A few seconds of this video should do the trick. Its exactly what i see every weekend in FL.

start watching at 10:05

https://youtu.be/IRFw5aEBZhA

Last edited:
New Balance are for the automatic base model convertible waxers. Not all of us are bad. My footwear of choice on the weekends was a pair of Sparcos.

MC

New Balance is the only brand of sneaker that fits me consistently. I have wide feet and NB offers some models in 6E width.

Holy smokes, 6E. Are you a Sasquatch? 🐾

I too wear New Balance because they are also the best fitting for my 2E wide feet.

I find everyone really loves this car I get approached at gas stations and people are all smiles. It doesn't have the air of snobbery like other brands Ferrari or Porsche where people can be downright rude or it draws the wrong kind of attention.

I have had people run out of their stores when I have been in traffic driving downtown, just to ask me what kind of car it is and compliment how beautiful it is. Same thing with girls asking what it is and getting out of their cars in traffic at a stop light.

I have never had this type reactions from a car not from an R8 and not from a Porsche. Not even close.

Amen. I can't believe the amount of attention and positive feedback I get in my NC1. Even at cars and coffee next to other super cars. :biggrin:

I was at work and two guys who are doing some work for us are introduced to me as they wanted to know who owned the NSX in the lot.

Turns out one of them owns a 1st gen NSX and machined the original wheels for HONDA!

Guy says he was involved very heavy with HONDA in the 90's.

Amen. I can't believe the amount of attention and positive feedback I get in my NC1. Even at cars and coffee next to other super cars. :biggrin:

It really does matter where you live and the amount of positive feedback you get with the car. Where I live, seeing $500k Rolls Royces multiple times a day is the norm. I see at least a few McLarens, Lambos, a half dozen Ferraris, MB G63, AMG GT, and anything else you can imagine. And yes, I do see a Pagani on occasion.

When I did have my NSX no one seemed to care except for the little kids and high school kids. I did get many compliments on the color from women, but they didn't care much about the style of the car. To them it was probably just another Corvette.

It really does matter where you live and the amount of positive feedback you get with the car. Where I live, seeing $500k Rolls Royces multiple times a day is the norm. I see at least a few McLarens, Lambos, a half dozen Ferraris, MB G63, AMG GT, and anything else you can imagine. And yes, I do see a Pagani on occasion.

When I did have my NSX no one seemed to care except for the little kids and high school kids. I did get many compliments on the color from women, but they didn't care much about the style of the car. To them it was probably just another Corvette.

I discount superficial comments from superficial people in wealthy areas like Beverly Hills and perhaps where you live. Those people live in a bubble and only comment on cars from a snobbish point of view.

What's more interesting and honest for me is the feedback from the average person off the street. When people come up to me at CostCo, gas stations, in traffic, shopping errands, random places, I am amazed people bother to track me down to tell me those positive compliments. When everyman / everywoman is happy to see this car and chases after the driver to find out more about it, and give unsolicited compliments, that's when I know this car resonates with them...even if they can't afford it.

There are lots of Ferraris / Lambos and some McLarens where I live as well. Most people see them and ignore them, as if they're seeing another Corvette. They really come alive and animated when they see my NC1.

Back