• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Droid X as in car Camera

I have found that my Droid X makes a great Phone, Music Player, and Navigation System. In addition it makes a great in car camera! I have it mounted on my dash using a Droid Docking Station. I probably would get a better view if I mounted it on the window, but i was going to the drag strip where they frown on stuff hanging from the window. I have attached a picture of the mount, a still photo taken from in the car on the way to Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ, a still photo taken out of the car of my son standing between his EVO X and my NSX, and the Time Slip (I'm in the Right Lane) from the run. Below is a link to the in car video of the run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45SSFvo504

On another note, the thing I like most about this car is that it is soooo reliable. I have owned this car since 1999 and have not had a problem. A great example is the attached a Time Slip from a run over 9 years and 100,000 miles ago (I'm in the right lane again). NOTHING HAS CHANGED!! the time difference can be attributed to the fact that I wasn't using drag radials in the 12.7 run but I was in the 12.5 run.

Attachments

• Droid Mount in NSX.jpg
    Droid Mount in NSX.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 203
  • Still Photo on way to Raceway Park.jpg
    Still Photo on way to Raceway Park.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 176
  • David at Raceway Park.jpg
    David at Raceway Park.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Time Slip 2010-31-10.jpg
    Time Slip 2010-31-10.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Time Slip 2001-05-06.jpg
    Time Slip 2001-05-06.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 99
yeah i just got the droid x and its so cool, the camera is HD. so easy to make videos, and you dont need to buy some software to view your videos or transfer them to your computer, I uploaded a video of a NSX i found on the side of the road while i was driving my NSX. heres the link its in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-2R-YlOmM

enjoy the Droid X and all its better features than the IPHONE

the Iphone is so over.

Last edited:
I don't know Dave. Looks like you're slowing down.:biggrin:
NIce!

Looky here all you guys that say: NO NA NSX can go that fast!

the heck, how are you trapping 111 with intake/header?

sure you don't have a sneaky pete on there? :biggrin:

How does he do it with just I/H/E?

HE CAN DRIVE BABY.:biggrin:

Step back kiddies, on the strip, this man is the real deal.

Last edited:
The performance is mostly due to the HP/Weight ratio. I removed the Spare Tire, Engine Cover, and Mats. I use light weight wheels (17" TE37) and 1/4 tank of gas. The result on the scale at the track was 2875. The drag radials (which I didn't mount for this run) are mounted on smaller (16" TE37) which improves performance in 3 ways, 1) better traction off the line, 2) less reciprocating mass, and 3) still less weight.

driving has nothing to do with MPH...that's what I'm interested in. that's the tell all right there..

are you saying you're at 290 to the ground or is that at the motor?

What's your race weight with you in it?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aJzYioSDi4&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aJzYioSDi4&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I got 2 of these from the group buy on here.

Simply the best.

1080p
widest angle

driving has nothing to do with MPH...that's what I'm interested in. that's the tell all right there..

are you saying you're at 290 to the ground or is that at the motor?

What's your race weight with you in it?

Driving does have something to do with MPH. Short Shifting or hitting the rev limiter can reduce MPH by up to 5 MPH.

My HP quote is factory engine output. However, Comptech Dyno Charts state that with my mods their tests have produced 297 HP at the wheels.

With me in the car it was 3060.

Great idea, now I've got to go out and get a car dock... :smile:

excellent run dswartz. I have been listening to your car's revs at the start. its almost like your only holding the revs at 2K at the start and sounded like you short shifted into 2nd? what is the secret?

Driving does have something to do with MPH. Short Shifting or hitting the rev limiter can reduce MPH by up to 5 MPH.

My HP quote is factory engine output. However, Comptech Dyno Charts state that with my mods their tests have produced 297 HP at the wheels.

With me in the car it was 3060.

my point, dead digs will net you less MPH when a spin will net you more MPH.......

for instance, my last car trapped between 142 mph-143 mph with a 1.6X short time, and trapped 137 mph-138 mph with a 1.4X short time.

yep , calculater says you're right around 300 whp with 111 traps...and 3060 race weight

excellent run dswartz. I have been listening to your car's revs at the start. its almost like your only holding the revs at 2K at the start and sounded like you short shifted into 2nd? what is the secret?

I bring the revs to 3K with street tires (4K with drag radials) and nail it as I release the clutch. I shift every gear just below 8K to avoid the rev limiter. You may have thought I short shifted because of a drop in revs as I came out of the hole, however, that was just momentarily losing and then regaining traction as I was going through 1st gear.

There's no secret, just focus and 40 years of practice! :wink::smile:

You did this run in english town, I usually run at Atco. Do you notice any difference in times when running those two different tracks? I can do more runs at Atco which is why I always trek down there.

Back