• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dry Carbon NSX Doors

John, DF does do vacuum bagging. I was there watching them working on the first couple stages of NSX-R seat replication. They don't like to do it on normal stuff because it is time consuming, but on things that matters, they do.

It is not difficult, and that could well be the case. As I mentioned I am simply reiterating what I was told at the time.

Over all, it make sense to hear some one mention Dry Carbon doors for NSX racing cars. I wonder this company do stuff for JGTC.

AFAIK the teams are required to use a handful of series approved bodywork. I do not know whom GT-One is outsourcing their fab to but I doubt it is Dome or a comparable factory effort. I heard some of the tuners were apparently using the same place but I don't recall the name of the top of my head.

What the word on the weight / yen / availability for a fiberglass version?

They don't do FRP version. At least that's what I was told.

I know GT-One is not the producer, in fact, they don't produce any thing.

Hi, just wondering if there is any information regarding the side impact beams. I suppose if someone wanted CF doors for daily driving, the side impact beams would be a requirement.

Back