• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dust Boot Covers for Coilovers?

I just bought Tein RE's from a fellow primer, and all the dust boots on the shocks are torn. Anyone know if I can just buy the OEM dust boots that cover the push rod on the OEM shocks to replace the torn ones on my used Tein RE's? Or should I just buy some generic ones and trim them to fit? I plan on putting these coilovers on this weekend with the help from a friend.

Thanks!

generic and trim to fit will be fine.

also struts can go for many years with out dust covers.... the majority of them do not have a complete seal.

good luck with the install.

you got my # if you guys get stuck

also for the whole job, you only need to take off a total of 4 bolts on the complete install ( not including the 3 on top of each strut and 5 lug for each wheel) :wink: :biggrin:

happy R&R

Rob :)

generic and trim to fit will be fine.

also struts can go for many years with out dust covers.... the majority of them do not have a complete seal.

good luck with the install.

you got my # if you guys get stuck

also for the whole job, you only need to take off a total of 4 bolts on the complete install ( not including the 3 on top of each strut and 5 lug for each wheel) :wink: :biggrin:

happy R&R

Rob :)

Thanks Rob you da man as always!

Yea I plan on replacing my rotors and pads and painting the calipers at the same time while we do the coilovers.... cant wait to get it all put together! :D

Thanks Rob you da man as always!

Yea I plan on replacing my rotors and pads and painting the calipers at the same time while we do the coilovers.... cant wait to get it all put together! :D

cool!

when you paint the calipers make sure to clear coat it a couple of times for that nice gloss.

also when you instal the calipers, take care to keep the brake fluid away from the paint or it will peel.

Rob :smile:

Back