• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Chart of Twin Turbo NSX

How much boost are you running? That is pretty good for the usual 5/6 psi.

For comparison, there is a guy here in Austin with a '91, no external mods at all, 8 psi boost(does not hold it through the whole rpm range), with 370 hp at the wheels. His internal mods are the ones I keep harping about for forced induction - forged pistons and a decked block.

Does anyone know why in the FAQ on the horsepower numbers the 3.2 engines seems to benefit much more from the Comptech Mods?

In stock from Honda claims the 3.2 has 20 more hp, in the FAQ it shows the 3.2 has 15 more hp at the wheels. With the comptech mods it shows 50 more hp at the rear wheels than the 3.0.

I hope these numbers are right because I have a 3.2, I was just wondering what is causing the increases.

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:
"Stock" boost, No other mods.

I am assuming 6 psi, no other mod except turbo. 6 psi/14.7 psi/atmo = 0.408, so the maximum increase in hp with the turbo system is 40.8% and no more as the 40.8% indicates no efficiency loss at all (heating of air, efficiency on the cylinder head, etc). That means you car is putting 249 rwhp stock which can't be right either and that is assuming no loss. With loss, your stock car is putting out 260-270 rwhp. Also I would think you have custom headers for the turbo which would increase efficiency of the engine a little.

Is your 351 rwhp corrected rwhp and what elevation was it at? One can get alot more rwhp when dyno at elevation with a turbo car if the turbo can sustain the air flow. Supposedly the 911 turbo doesn't lose any hp until 8000 feet.

Anyway, I am not saying your number is not right, I am trying to say that tuners can easily manipulate dyno numbers. If I want to dyno alot of corrected rwhp on a dyno on a turbo car and assuming my turbo is large. I would find the highest elevation dyno shop and dyno there. I know for a fact my friend picked up 60 rwhp dynoing at Vegas vs. Houston on the corrected rwhp chart. He has a T-51 turbo that does not lose any power at Vegas elevation but the dyno correct for it.

Originally posted by Khuang:

I am assuming 6 psi, no other mod except turbo. 6 psi/14.7 psi/atmo = 0.408, so the maximum increase in hp with the turbo system is 40.8% and no more as the 40.8% indicates no efficiency loss at all (heating of air, efficiency on the cylinder head, etc). That means you car is putting 249 rwhp stock which can't be right either and that is assuming no loss. With loss, your stock car is putting out 260-270 rwhp. Also I would think you have custom headers for the turbo which would increase efficiency of the engine a little.

Is your 351 rwhp corrected rwhp and what elevation was it at? One can get alot more rwhp when dyno at elevation with a turbo car if the turbo can sustain the air flow. Supposedly the 911 turbo doesn't lose any hp until 8000 feet.

Anyway, I am not saying your number is not right, I am trying to say that tuners can easily manipulate dyno numbers. If I want to dyno alot of corrected rwhp on a dyno on a turbo car and assuming my turbo is large. I would find the highest elevation dyno shop and dyno there. I know for a fact my friend picked up 60 rwhp dynoing at Vegas vs. Houston on the corrected rwhp chart. He has a T-51 turbo that does not lose any power at Vegas elevation but the dyno correct for it.

No, No headers. I don't know the elevation, but we're not much above sea level. Dynoed in MD

I only advise from my experiences and can learn from others.I'm not an expert,but what's-up with that formula,Khaung,you almost had me going,by the time you figure out that formula,Ol'Robert will be bang'n on 400 and your gonna have to come up with new one.I think it's best we all leave that for the experts.Bad info is one big reason why Turbochargers blow-up motors.The process of dialing in your car after install is crucial.351/280 and he's just begun,you cannot deny him the credit he deserves.
Good job Robert,can you please share with us any more info? Reading your chart it seems you should have more power earlier.What gear? What was A/F? Fuel pressure? Do you have any other runs you can post?

Originally posted by Khuang:

Back