• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

E-55 AMG Vs. NSX CTSC

I know everyone is going to hate me, but I say the E55 AMG will win. Motortrend clocked it at 12.4 @ 116.2 for the 2005 model. Also his car is automatic, so he has nothing really to mess up. . . It'll be a good run though, thats for sure. Tape it!

Listen Turbo 2 GO, is the man and both cars are sick. The NSX blew off the doors on the e55 on the highway twice. Call it a night.

Last edited:
my $$ on E55. Mainly due to MUCH more TQ and its an AUTO!!! Takes the driver out of it...and normally this is a bit of a close race..but the auto e55 will win.

Good luck though. Hell, im looking right now for a E55 for my g/f to drive and if so, ill run my own "family" race...lol

lol, I think you wrote this AFTER the fact that someone posted up that the nsx won.....twice

I was only able to make one run at the track, before it got rained out. First try did not go well... I spun through three gears and got almost ZERO traction. I was upset and let off the gas, ran something like 15 seconds coasting through at 106.

I did make two runs with the E on the highway, no traffic out in the boonies, I felt it to be a safe area. First run was me alone in the NSX and 3 passengers in the E55, rolled from 40 or so to about 110 I believe, and I pulled on it hard. Second run was with 2 passengers in the E, and it was definitely closer, but I still pulled. I slowed down quickly as I did not want to get into high speeds on the highway but I was pulling away.

From my experiences tonight I think it would be very close with only a driver in each car. Very close. I will make another attempt at the track and come back to this thread later. Going there with street tires is a waste of time as it is 5X more slippery as normal pavement. I need to launch very softly. I went at 3500 and that was a complete waste.

My77NSX from this forum also came with us, his first time in basically a stock (taitec muffler) 96. He ran a very good 13.7 at I believe 103 or something... he can chime in himself. He told me he launched somewhere north of 4500 and he had traction. The CTSC torque obviously needs a much lower RPM launch. I was about to try a 2K launch and it started to pour, we all went home. I did get some pics and a video I will post.

Bottom line is that a CTSC NSX and an E55 are pretty darn close in a straight line. I think I am just a tiny bit faster... :D more to come.

Last edited:
Nice. Also the Benz will be more consistent since there's no chance of a missed shift, bad launch, etc.

Don’t get me wrong I love the NSX, but just to many o[FONT=&quot]pinions on this debate
[/FONT]

Bottom line is that a CTSC NSX and an E55 are pretty darn close in a straight line. I think I am just a tiny bit faster... :D more to come.
Bottom line is you think........

The true facts.

Don't get me wrong a race is a race even if its messed up the drivers fault or the cars fault the count is 2-1 as turbo2go said,

NSX won two roll races, E55 won from the dig.
NSX bad lunch on dig and E55 had 4 people in the car for 1st roll, then for second roll race had 3 people.

Lets settle it the right way one more friendly race from a dig, a roll, or both. E55 with only a driver and maybe if the NSX wants its passenger seat back in it lol.

I don't think all NSXs guy are fine with thinking which is belief, just like me they want the real results bro. GO BIG or go home lol.

BTW there should be another NSX meet again in the Boston area.

I own both an E55 and an NSX and I am betting on the AMG in this one.

You've got the wimpy NA e-55 not the monster supercharged E-55:tongue:

But a stock "wimpy NA e-55" w210, well stamp a stock nsx in a drag race.

That is debateable:wink: But irelevent because the op has a supercharger hence the basis for this thread:confused:

actualy na e55 and na nsx would be very close race just like the supercharged vs supercharged, na e55 0-60 4.9ish, 1/4 in low 13's, sounds alot nsx

regular na e55= the baddest car ive ever seen when it was newly released(except for the nsx:tongue:)

Here are some pics. Sadly Turbo2go could not launch well, "buy a civic and practice first turbo2go":biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC_003666.JPG
    DSC_003666.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_00355551.JPG
    DSC_00355551.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_00411111.JPG
    DSC_00411111.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_003991.JPG
    DSC_003991.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 197
Better luck next time. Again, a 2500 rpm launch with a rear tire psi of 24 should help out your launch tremendously.

Better luck next time. Again, a 2500 rpm launch with a rear tire psi of 24 should help out your launch tremendously.

I should have listened to you, I got too excited at the line and decided to raise it a little. Oh well... it was my first run. I will go back later. I'm going to change the car's fluids first. They are still crystal clear but I am paranoid. Round II will be up. I think we have a video I will post soon.

Here are some pics. Sadly Turbo2go could not launch well, "buy a civic and practice first turbo2go":biggrin:

Need some tires. Can anyone make a recommendation? Will R1's do anything here?

Last edited:
If you have a spare set of rear wheels and get the drag bug,nitto makes a drag specific dot tire.The R compound tires could on a hot day grip a little better than your regular streets but like icing your supercharger is more placebo than anything else:wink:

Who is this E55 guy? Are you the loser or an eyewitness biased fan?

What are you getting all butt hurt about?

Guy who are you? Listen, read the handle name and you will know who I am.

I'll take my wimpy 350hp and 390 torque and wave at Dave as I pass him.

Hahaha I wish if his car was stock you could...
Just supercharge it or get the new one. BTW MB dealers are now selling Renntech.

Guy who are you? Listen, read the handle name and you will know who I am.

I read the handle and it says it's your mom has an E. Still doesn't explain who YOU are and you didn't explain who you are either. Listen, all you did was narrate what happened and did not identify yourself what so ever, then seemed to get upset that most all of us here are biased for the nsx. Afterall, in the pictures there were 2 benz, and atleast 5 witnesses total and you're at NSXprime.

What year and model benzs were the supercharged 5.5 amg motor first offered in? There are too many different classes of MBZ to keep track of.

Last edited:
Hahaha I wish if his car was stock you could...
Just supercharge it or get the new one.

No need to supercharge mine to beat Dave. I have watched him drive. In fact, the photo he used in his first post was taken by me. Actually, he was so slow at the Glen the original portrait was a painting. We timed him with a calendar at that event.

No need to supercharge mine to beat Dave. I have watched him drive. In fact, the photo he used in his first post was taken by me. Actually, he was so slow at the Glen the original portrait was a painting. We timed him with a calendar at that event.

No camera obscura?

Back