• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

E-55 AMG Vs. NSX CTSC

fatmans the curb weight i posted was for a supercharged e55, the NA e55s are a tad under 3650 pounds, but thats with "only" 350hp 391 trq

and mymomhasane55 that was a joke, i know all about mercedes, honda and mercedes are all the car i need:wink:

Have you been or driven a GTO?

I've been in a E55. Nice car. Not as reliable as the GTO and definately not as reliable as the NSX.

My friend has a E55 and the electronic gremlins and supercharger is a pain in the arse.

Sure the E5 has 4-doors for easy in and out, but the GTO's rear seats are more supportive since they are bucket seats (It's a 4-seater, not a 5-seater like the E55). the leg room in the GTO is like the E55 for the rear passengers.

GTO seats are more comfy than the E55 and the NSX.

E55 has the nice fit and finish of wood trim that the GTO doesn't have. Big deal. I burn wood in the fireplace in the winter time.

hahaha more comfy i think not three of my close friends have gtos they bought because they weren't selling and got them for really good deals and drag them really well. they know what they bought its a car for the drag thats some what nice, not at the class of an amg benz.

Being reliable i don't about the gto, i know the nsx is a honda of cousre its really good. E 55 AMG seems to be fine with me. As far the problems i'm not worried My mom's covered up to 100 miles before then I will dump the car.

I rather have NSX any day of the week over the gto, but I would take E 55 over all three

so when is next race?

Personally I think the race will be too close to call and come down to the start. The CTSC NSX is fast, but so is the E55.

I don't really see the point of racing a mod'd car though against a stock one. The E55 will Stomp a stock NSX in a straight line. The NSX will stomp an E55 on a racetrack.

Personally I think the race will be too close to call and come down to the start. The CTSC NSX is fast, but so is the E55.

I don't really see the point of racing a mod'd car though against a stock one. The E55 will Stomp a stock NSX in a straight line. The NSX will stomp an E55 on a racetrack.

Well Mod'd car can figure out where its at vs a stock car.

You should tell dave he would get stomped in drag race, i agree 100% with racetrack the nsx will win.

i think the "modded vs stock" thing is usualy an argument, but with jus tthe ctsc it is a good race vs the kompressor e55, and a stock na2 is a good race against a 99-02 e55, both races are so close on paper that it can go either way in the real world because ultimately they so close it will come down to the drivers.

thats assuming the ctsc nsx is "low boost" like it would come from acura, so techincaly it could be looked at as "stock" .... kind of:wink:

With nothing left in your pocket book and repair maintainence bills out the wazooo

No shit huh? lol I better install a roll away bed into the modded E55 because that's the only roof I'd be able to afford to sleep under after that.

I did look into buying...well not buying, but assuming a lease on a GTO at one time. About 3 years ago, they were popping up with roughly 12k-18k miles left and 12-18 months left on the lease @ about $125-$199/month. Would of been fun and I wouldn't of gotten sick of it because it'd have to go back shortly.

I found a BAD@SS 2005 GTOOOOH (ooooh ooohh) for about $19k, 439rwhp/426tq. I'd want atleast 500rwhp coming from that motor though. Bet he'd take $17.5k after a while. It's just uuuugly red.

No shit huh? lol I better install a roll away bed into the modded E55 because that's the only roof I'd be able to afford to sleep under after that.

I did look into buying...well not buying, but assuming a lease on a GTO at one time. About 3 years ago, they were popping up with roughly 12k-18k miles left and 12-18 months left on the lease @ about $125-$199/month. Would of been fun and I wouldn't of gotten sick of it because it'd have to go back shortly.

I found a BAD@SS 2005 GTOOOOH (ooooh ooohh) for about $19k, 439rwhp/426tq. I'd want atleast 500rwhp coming from that motor though. Bet he'd take $17.5k after a while. It's just uuuugly red.

If you want real power get the mustang cobra 03-04 its about 25k for a clean one with low miles, the engine is already built unlike the gto...
a pulley swap, headers, exhust and port the blower for about 5,000, my friend that owns the yellow gto running a 10.6 with twin turbos use to have mustang corba sonic blue with all of those mods he ran a 11.3 with a mis shift, the twin turbos costed 12, 000 and he had to rebuild his tranny just now. Mustang Cobra also hold its value really nicely unlike the gto. He regrets selling and buying the gto. His Cuzin owns an 04 has done half the mods he didn't port the blower or get the headers but with minor mods he has done which costed probably no more than 2,000 or so he beating the e55 amg by 2 and half cars.

I have told dave to race his NSX CTSC vs Cobra but he won't do it, If He really wants to know if his car is fast, to see how well it does vs this cobra because he thinks he can beat the E55 AMG, which I highly doubt.

Attachments

• n607536625_139003_7703.jpg
    n607536625_139003_7703.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 49
  • n607536625_140585_7265.jpg
    n607536625_140585_7265.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 46
  • n17906341_30510565_23.jpg
    n17906341_30510565_23.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 48
....I found a BAD@SS 2005 GTOOOOH (ooooh ooohh) for about $19k, 439rwhp/426tq. I'd want atleast 500rwhp coming from that motor though. Bet he'd take $17.5k after a while. It's just uuuugly red.

For $19k there is a guy that is selling his red 2005 GTO with the same blower that I have.

All you need to do is intake, and full exhaust, including headers and you have the same HP as me.

the kind that rapes 99% of the cars out there including AMGs, M series, 430, 360, 550, 575, etc.......

For $19k there is a guy that is selling his red 2005 GTO with the same blower that I have.

All you need to do is intake, and full exhaust, including headers and you have the same HP as me.

the kind that rapes 99% of the cars out there including AMGs, M series, 430, 360, 550, 575, etc.......

yeah you have said that before :rolleyes: like I said before no class and if thats the case I rather own the cobra muscle

I dunno, I've only lost once and that was to a Ferrari 550. I was destroyed by 2+ car lengths.

I have seen you use say this story before, nothing to be proud of dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_550

Performance
The 550 Maranello can accelerate to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.2 seconds and can reach 161 kilometres per hour (100 mph) in 10.5 seconds. The ¼ mile (0.4 km) time is 13.1 seconds and the top speed is 320.3 kilometers per hour (199.0 mph).

13.1 for a 1/4 isn't that great its not that fast.

Dave's car should beat that no problem as would the E55 AMG, just because the car's name is ferrari, doesn't mean its fast.

It's a little odd that 13.1 is 1/4 time should be a little faster but oh well, you shouldn't have beaten as badly as you where because the NSX is a 13-14 second car.

I raced NSX 3.0 with an intake and exhust with my CLK 55 AMG I beat it by two cars in a roll race where nsx doesn't have to lunch.

I no longer want to post on my own thread.

I can't believe that i continue to follow this thread.:confused:

BTW, aren't all NON-NSX owners supposed to be posting in another forum?NSX "Owner Discussion (14 Viewing)
Directly NSX-related topics that do not fit in any other more specific forum! If you are not an NSX owner, your post probably belongs in the New & Prospective forum above this one."

Back