• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Early 90's NSX prices

When the next generation NSX comes out, will it have any effect on the early to mid 90's prices and how much of an effect? Also, if you had a choice to buy an RX 7 Twin Turbo or a Twin Turbo Supra, which would you choose????

Haven't driven ether one of them, but from reading, its a close call. The Supra is a pretty powerful car, easy to ECU modify to some impressive performance. The Mazda with the Wankel takes quite a bit of fuelconsuption and is not so easy (cheap) to tune, but is one of the few cars the Japanese customers are willing to wait for, not just a wear 'n' tear like the most Japanese domestic cars, including the Supra.
so I just recommend drive booth and choose the one you have the most positive feelings for :-)
/Martin

When the next generation NSX comes out, will it have any effect on the early to mid 90's prices and how much of an effect?

Probably no effect. There are a lot of people looking to get in an NSX at $30K.

There may be an effect on the later model cars, depending on what the new model is and how it's priced.

Also, if you had a choice to buy an RX 7 Twin Turbo or a Twin Turbo Supra, which would you choose????

I wouldn't get either one. The RX-7 is well-known for its reliability problems, and the Supra is really in a different market altogether (high-horsepower, easily modifiable, but very heavy muscle car). Which may be why neither of these models is still sold in the U.S.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 May 2001).]

I have previously owned both the rx-7 and the twin turbo supra. Both are great cars. I would say it all depends on what you want to spend. The Rx-7 is way more affordable overall and a bit easier to find. The turbo supras are getting very rare, especially any with decent miles. The Rx-7 is very problematic but offers alot of potential, especially compared to the cost. They CAN be reliable if you know what you are doing. In my opinion the supra is bulletproof. Any turbo supra is roughly 1k bucks a way from 400rwhp. With that kind of potential and reliability I'd say if you can afford to pay a little more for the supra, that would be the choice. That bieng said, it's also you personal opinion. The rx-7 is quick, light and very responsive. The supra on the other hand is heavy and gives you more of a muscle car feeling. You can't go wrong w/either. I wish the NSX had the straight line potential of the supra, you would have the perfect car! Not that I don't love my NSX, I do. But coming from a 420rwhp even to a NOS NSX there is still a big difference. All in all the NSX is still my fav.
wink.gif
Good luck. Email me if you have any other questions.

------------------
Jason

Back