• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ECU chip

Has anyone tried the ECU chip from GF Chips? Claims to increase hp by 60 and improve gas mileage 5 -7 MPG.

The concept sounds almost too easy. Anyone know if it really works? I'm guessing no just because it would be too easy. Hope I am wrong though.:biggrin:

Has anyone tried the ECU chip from GF Chips? Claims to increase hp by 60 and improve gas mileage 5 -7 MPG.

Haven't tried it, but this sounds like total BS. A Comptech Supercharger adds about 60 whp and they are saying a ECU chip can do the same? The BEST we've ever seen from a ECU mod on the NSX is the Prospeed chip, which has shown at most 15-20 whp on the most favorable dyno.

what these chips LOL are is a resistor you can buy at radio shack for .05 Cents, then you insert it into the Intake Air Temp plug, this resistor then forces the ECU to go into a High altitude mode ( less air ) and tricks the ECU into adding more air. its crap. and best of all after you install it it trips
your check engine light on your dash.

NOTHING is free in life. as for free HP is always fake. I think I got one for my 93 accord years ago paid 99 bucks. they heat shrink a cover over the resistor so you cant see the color codes, so i peeled it back took to Radio shack and got a 5pack for 36 cents including tax.

I was pissed. LOL

I just checked out your GF site to see what it looked like, wow big surprise no pic of what your gonna buy?
I have also seen some that sell you a small box, I am sure if you open it up there is 1 resistor inside. LOL
dont do it man.

Last edited:
Was skimming through some of the "Testimonials"....

" We own a large courier service in Boulder, CO and we rely on our vans for our business. Lately, with the economy coming to a halt, and
gas prices seeming to never stabilize, I found our gas budget through the roof, and it seems that it was so hard to make a dollar. Thanks to
G-Force Chips, it raised our fuel economy up by 4 MPG on average, and with the amount of miles we drive, we save about $400 weekly.
Calculated over a year, it is more than $20,000 in savings! We give thanks to our surviving through the toughest times to G-Force."

that must be one large courier service fleet...

I could see getting 4mpg by running a neutered program, but I wouldn't do it in the NSX. I don't see getting 60hp though and I definitely don't see getting 4mpg AND 60hp at the same time.

yeah its a joke.

when I get home I will try and find my " chip " and post a pic with the instruction on how to install it

If you really want a chip, then I would recommend the ProSpeed Stage 3 chip if you have headers and exhaust. It makes a few hp (say 5-7 peak HP) but it also improves mid range throttle response. It was a noticable improvement over OEM.

Here is a link to my dyno plot for the Stage 2. I ended up going to stage 3 later.
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100195

Last edited:
Claims to increase hp by 60 and improve gas mileage 5 -7 MPG.
emotlol_2.gif

Back