• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

ECU Reset Time?

I just had 3 of my 02 Sensors and one Cat replaced that seemed to be bad. I'm not throwing any codes and the check engine light is off, but 4 of my 8 system checks aren't ready. How long before these things will reset? I've put close to 300 miles on it so far and no luck. :confused:

I just replaced all four of my O2's and reset the ECU. I've put 85 miles on my car. So far no codes and 7 of the 8 tests have been completed.

Not sure why it's taking much longer for you. Have you done various types of driving? City - Stop and Go, Highway at different speeds etc?

I know I have purposly cruszed at different speeds for 15 miles etc. then did city stop and go back to highway blah blah.

I just replaced all four of my O2's and reset the ECU. I've put 85 miles on my car. So far no codes and 7 of the 8 tests have been completed.

Not sure why it's taking much longer for you. Have you done various types of driving? City - Stop and Go, Highway at different speeds etc?

I know I have purposly cruszed at different speeds for 15 miles etc. then did city stop and go back to highway blah blah.

It might be because I have been without Cats on my car for over 5 years and its taking a bit longer? I thought the reason my check engine light was due to that, but it turns out I had a bad 02 Sensor...

This is a long shot but is there a tiny battery sitting in the DMU housing that also needs to be removed in addition to the battery?

This is a long shot but is there a tiny battery sitting in the DMU housing that also needs to be removed in addition to the battery?

As far as I know all you need to do to reset the ECU is remove the Clock Fuse under the hood (7.5 amp) for 3 seconds and your ECU is completly cleaned of any codes etc.

If you have an OBDII code reader you clear / erase it that way too.

Just an FYI ... I have a 100 miles on a reset ECU and only my catalyst test is incomplete.

It passed this morning!!! When I came into work my emissions sheet was framed on my desk. Gotta love the service guys!!! :tongue:

It took over 400 miles to get everything to reset...

It passed this morning!!! When I came into work my emissions sheet was framed on my desk. Gotta love the service guys!!! :tongue:

It took over 400 miles to get everything to reset...

Aright sounds good, when is the ispection due again?:biggrin:

Back