• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach Meet 5-7-2006 Anybody Going?!

There were police blocking the entrance to Eibach's as early as 9AM, and as late as 11AM - several cars were led away from the entrances, and directed by officers to local parking lots, only to be ticketed for 'tresspassing' minutes later - cars were impounded, and several officers were seen walking around parking lots inspecting cars looking for things to write them up for... the meet, from the point of getting onto the Eibach's location and looking at cars/vendors, was a bit of a bust, although I did bump into some nsx owners at a Taco Bell and hang out in that parking lot until ~11AM prior to going home.

Apparently one member of Honda-Tech recieved a ticket, on his parked car, for 'modification of a car with the intention to solicit a street race', what ever that means, simply because his car had a roll cage installed in a gutted interior - I am not sure how either is illegal, aside from Corona's desire to cash in on this event. :mad:

------------
Cross-posted from Honda-Tech, which is full of around 10 pages of similar stories...

P1020224.jpg

P1020226.jpg

P1020227.jpg

P1020230.jpg

P1020232.jpg

I went with another nsx to the meet (stock '99 red) but got split up after making a wrong turn on the 15; tried to go in via Magnolia and found a squad car blocking the entrance. I drove up to the police officer, lowered my window, and tried to ask him what was going on - I explained I had just drove an hour to the event, and was under the impression it was an 'official event', not a randomly setup thing - he was very rude to me, asked why I pulled up to him when he was blocking the street, and when I asked why I couldn't get it he simply said "because there is a cop car in the way" - wtf? he then told me if I wanted to go to the event I had to park in a neighboring parking lot - I pulled into a parking lot, spoke with someone there, and we agreed it was too bad of an area to be parking in (aside from which some people got tickets?)

I left, with the intention of going home, and saw a few caravans driving up - I decided to do a last ditch attempt by taking a different way in (via the 91)... ended up running into the people I was there to run into by the Taco Bell right off the 91, spent a few hours in the parking lot, and just got home - cops were blocking the entrances at 11AM when I left.

It would appear there was zero planning or parking direction involved in this 'event'? I can't help but draw huge contrasts between this event, full of hondas, and bimmerfest 2004, where we had 1000+ BMW's fill up Santa Barbara without any issue. :thumbdown:

man the cops were out strong today, there were honda's sleeping in the front street at 4am! crazy. Great to meet a few of you. See you around. BTW who ended up buying the yellow wide body radio shack car? that thing is awsome, I look at it before I got mine.
Matt

Cool meet. Ive never seen so many hondas in my life just for a meet. I was gonna drive in but I saw the line and just ended up walking in.

Matts car- very nice set up.
I saw the red NSX with the 02+conversion driving around.

BTW whos white NSX was at the meet with the 02+ conversion. That was a very clean conversion.

Nice meet. I didnt get to meet anyone maybe nsxt time.

:mad: Got a ticket within 5 minutes ! I ran up to the cop and said "what is the ticket for?" he said "no front license plate" and then i just started pulling stuff out of my butt like ooo i dont have a holder, and oo i have my plate in my car right now and all he said was well it wasnt there when i saw it and walked away. i guess i paid 25$ for the meet and so did like 20 other hondas.

Well other than that the meet was pretty cool the weather was nice and sunny and people were nice. The only two nsx's i saw was the white nsx with the rojas and jdmsoarers, nice cars guys. On the good side they handed out defective springs so i grabbed two one for my room and one for the garage.

Afterwards went to victoria gardens and i saw a whole line of corvettes and right in front was an nsx at valet parking. It was that red one with the black/polish lip works? i think...

Sorry to hear. I guess it really depended on what cop one would run into. We had one interface with us, he politely directed us where to park, I thanked him, and we moved on. The car I rode in had no front plate either, and tinted windows. I guess it helps to drive in a rather normal looking 3G TL. :)

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Someone on Honda-tech.com posted a pic of your car. :)

006.jpg

LOL. I felt like a celerbrity walking on the red carpet when I first pulled in.

Back