• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electrical troubleshooting coupler

I'm Trying to find the location of the electrical troubleshooting coupler. The Japanese dealership only has the jdm manual to look at. its where you hook up the device to see the cel codes for the check engine light. Where is it located in US spec NSX?

Last edited:
All it is, is a light blue connector in the passenger side foot well. All you have to do is take a paperclip, short the wires on the connector, turn the key on (do not start the engine) and count the dashlight blinks (short and long flashes). Then match the number of flashes to the MIL code sheet. The ECU can store up to 3 trouble codes.

thanks. I'm not sure if thats what he was asking but all he said is the electrical troubleshooting coupler so i assume it was this.

so they found out what was wrong with my car.. a bad throttle positioning sensor. In order to replace it here they need to replace the whole throttle body and they dont have any in Japan... or its to expensive..(120,000 yen). Now if i buy an aftermarket big bore throttle body like from SoS will it come with the sensor?. From what i am hearing it part of the throttlebody. Any insight?

www.scienceofspeed.com said:
Bore diameter increases 5mm over factory. Full length taper (not just inlet). New CNC machined throttle plate with angled mating surfaces and flush-mount hardware for optimal flow. Recalibrated TPS sensors. Includes cleaning for removal of oil and carbon deposits.

The big bore TB comes with a TPS, but I dont know if you will get the core exchange back if your TPS is unserviceable.

so they found out what was wrong with my car.. a bad throttle positioning sensor. In order to replace it here they need to replace the whole throttle body and they dont have any in Japan... or its to expensive..(120,000 yen). Now if i buy an aftermarket big bore throttle body like from SoS will it come with the sensor?. From what i am hearing it part of the throttlebody. Any insight?

I think the TPS from a 1995 -2005 will fit our car. I'm not 100% sure of this yet but I think it's worth a try. They sell on eBay for under $20 US. See my thread "TPS ?'s". Let me know if you find this to be true.

Back