• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emissions Problem

OK guys here is my question. Does anyone know the exact procedure for what it take to get my emmissions system running and able to test?

I have a 97 and yeah it just sits in my garage, I had the battery run down to the point I had to put the car on a charger to start it. I took it for emissions testing in AZ and it was rejected because it wouldn't test (OBD). The read out was, EGR = ready, O2 sensor = not ready, heated O2 = ready, EVAP = not ready.

The dealer and another shop basically told me I need to drive it so the computer will learn a history, I drove about 50 miles and retested with the same result OBD system not ready.

OK guys here is my question. Does anyone know the exact procedure for what it take to get my emmissions system running and able to test?

I have a 97 and yeah it just sits in my garage, I had the battery run down to the point I had to put the car on a charger to start it. I took it for emissions testing in AZ and it was rejected because it wouldn't test (OBD). The read out was, EGR = ready, O2 sensor = not ready, heated O2 = ready, EVAP = not ready.

The dealer and another shop basically told me I need to drive it so the computer will learn a history, I drove about 50 miles and retested with the same result OBD system not ready.

Just keep driving it some more. If you have a ODBII reader, it can tell you when all of the sensors are ready.

Thanks, I know I need to drive it, I was just hoping someone knew how many hours or how many miles it took for the process as I don't have an OBD reader. I will try to put another 100 miles on it on Sun and retest it on Mon.

Oh bummer, you have to drive your NSX more...:wink: Maybe it will become more of a habit! :smile:

Back