• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine swaps

Howdy gents, I will be in a market for a NSX once I finish school, I'm looking for a weekend toy. I see the that the NSX has 2 different engines, 3.0 and a 3.2L. I'm finding early NSX to have mileage rangeing from 60K all the way up to 200K miles on them. I would love to have this my project car, so what I'm getting at is, which engine is best for upgrades, the 3.0 or 3.2L. Also how about swaping the 3.0 for the 3.2, can this be done and mate up with the transmissions ? I see I can pick up a early NSX with high miles for a nice price, with the added work have a very nice NSX, what do you guys think about this.

Tony:eek:

The problem is that for the money you saved by buying a higher mileage 3.0 NSX will end up being spend on buying a 3.2 engine with the transmission. the C30a or C32b is not a cheap engine. New they cost 30K, used they go from 5-10K depending on condition. In the end I would not try to play with it and just spend a little more money and buy a nice clean 3.0 one.

Just pull out the stock 6cyl and throw a in Z06 motor bock there. :biggrin:

if your just looking for more displacement, I would save money and go with a C30A, and get it stroked to 3.3 or 3.5L. By the time you purchase a 3.2 + transmission+price of install, your going to spend about the same. and if you stroke it, you can replace all the gaskets, seals, etc, and have a very fresh motor.

if your just looking for more displacement, I would save money and go with a C30A, and get it stroked to 3.3 or 3.5L. By the time you purchase a 3.2 + transmission+price of install, your going to spend about the same. and if you stroke it, you can replace all the gaskets, seals, etc, and have a very fresh motor.

I definitely with this all the way!!!:smile:

Well thanks for the info guys, I'm now starting to look for a NSX. I have a lot to learn about these cars. Can someone steer me in the direction where I can learn more about these cars, things like, what to look for when buying one, and what problems are the biggest headache on these cars.

Tony

Well thanks for the info guys, I'm now starting to look for a NSX. I have a lot to learn about these cars. Can someone steer me in the direction where I can learn more about these cars, things like, what to look for when buying one, and what problems are the biggest headache on these cars.

Tony

The wiki on this site is a great tool and you'll find a lot of the information there.

first thing you should know is (esp if you're talking swapping engines already)... even though you can pick up this car for ~30-40 (early model, ofc) - the car is still an "exotic" and the cost for everything reflects that.

that being said, it's also a reliable car. find one that is in good shape and well maintained from the get-go. but definitely expect the worst - any repair for this car can end up over $1000 easy. (even if you do your own wrenching, parts are expensive.)

if you want a "project car" , this car isn't a good choice unless you're making some really good money :smile:

anyway, good luck with your search for an nsx - it's a fun car....:cool:

Back