• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enthusify launch thread

I ran into this issue with a current purchase.
This problems that I encountered was:
1) I did not have time to come back on NSX Prime to mark my sale thread closed.
2) The email address that Enthusify had for me was one from 4 years ago that is no longer an email address that I have since I switched ISP's, but was used when I created my NSX Prime account.
3) I sold the item through a buyer contacting me directly through PM and did not even use Enthusify for the purchase.

I want to thank the buyer, Mike, and the seller, Ryan, for detailing the issues they encountered during their transaction. Here are the steps Enthusify plans to take to help address these issues.

Issue #1: Before a buyer placed his order, a faster buyer contacted the seller directly and paid the seller directly. That transaction happened outside the Enthusify system. Before the seller had a chance to mark his listing as sold, the later buyer placed his order. Online marketplaces call this the 'multi-channel' problem.

Plans to address issue #1: Soon, Enthusify will start sending automated emails to sellers to remind them which listings they have live and to request that they cancel any listings that they sold in other channels.

Issue #2: The seller had an out-of-date email on file with NSX Prime. System emails were sent to a dead account. When the seller listed his item, he submitted a different PayPal address, but that is not the address to which the system sent notices.

Plans to address issue #2: Soon, Enthusify will display the NSX Prime email on file to the seller so the seller can confirm where he wants the NSX Prime Marketplace to send communication related to his listing.

Again, thanks to Mike and Ryan for their help in identifying these features as needed priorities.

Plans to address issue #2: Soon, Enthusify will display the NSX Prime email on file to the seller so the seller can confirm where she/he wants the NSX Prime Marketplace to send communication related to the listing.

This feature went live on the site today.

It will be interresting to see some metrics evolve to the private pm market that is obviously running parallel to enthusify.....I hope that sellers who list with enthusify let that system sell the item.

It will be interresting to see some metrics evolve to the private pm market that is obviously running parallel to enthusify.....I hope that sellers who list with enthusify let that system sell the item.

I just made my first purchase through enthustify and all went well.

It's the system now so i wouldn't even consider going around them by PM. I think most here will do the right thing and comply with the rules, i mean these aren't mustangs :).

Mike

Last edited:
hi guys --

Posted two ads through the enthusify plug in today.

A couple comments...

1. having a set shipping price is limiting when shipping varies ~10-20% depending where it is shipped in the US (and is confusing for international customers). eBay's method of using weight would be ideal. When you create an ad, it says you can modify this later, however, I don't see how/when.

2. the "retail" price is confusing since most items posted in the for sale section are used parts. I would suggest making this optional to be listed.

3. the two ads I posted now say this item is no longer for sale?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167211
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167207

regards,
-- Chris

1. having a set shipping price is limiting when shipping varies ~10-20% depending where it is shipped in the US (and is confusing for international customers). eBay's method of using weight would be ideal. When you create an ad, it says you can modify this later, however, I don't see how/when.
2. the "retail" price is confusing since most items posted in the for sale section are used parts. I would suggest making this optional to be listed.
3. the two ads I posted now say this item is no longer for sale?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167211
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167207

Thanks for the feedback and congratulations on your sales.

1 - We will take a look at more sophisticated shipping pricing.
2 - We have mixed reviews on that "retail price" field. Right now, that field is optional. You don't have to fill it in. We will look at improving the clarity of what that field is and when and how to use it.
3 - For general users, all listings are set to a quantity of 1. This provides a layer of fraud prevention. For power users, we can increase the quantity of an item available for sale. I'll email you directly to coordinate that.

Again, congratulations and thanks.

hi Chad --

Thank you for clarification. There is only qty 1 of each that were for sale, I didn't realize that the ad's button is automatically changed when an item is purchased.

I have an unrelated question about the process: over the past 11 years of business, we've had a couple fraudulent internet transactions. We must ship to the customer's verified address to have some protection against this. Through your system, we see only a ship to address, but can not verify through PayPal if the address that is presented is a verified address.

Second, is there a mechanism to cancel a transaction. From our experience, we have had customers order a product online, and then call us the next day with a question or concern, then finding out they ordered the wrong part for their application. Does the seller have the ability to cancel the sale?

Lastly, can you clarify how the system would work in this instance: a customer orders an item through enthusify. The item is shipped (with tracking). The customer then receives the item and for whatever reason does not want to complete the transaction (buyer's remorse, change of mind, damages the item, etc). Does enthusify act as an mediator? One of the requirements of a merchant accepting credit cards for payments is to have an established return policy. One of the functions of this is to set expectations for both the vendor and customer. Through enthusify, this seems to be lacking.

regards,
-- Chris

I have been selling stuff thru PM's from day one.

it works for me no need to fix it. out of hundreds of items sold
only 1 complaint I could not ship a complete door for a reasonable ammount
and refunded the money back to the customer. its actually still sitting in the box I wrapped it up for shipping for almost a year.

we are friends now :smile: go figure..... but Im stuck with the 1 complaint if you do a search of my prime user name

trust, actions and Rep go along way on prime

but having a middle man will save some people from getting burned.
like macninja got burned for a huge ammount of cash he had to eat that 4 digit ammount

Last edited:
OK the 14-day test of redirecting the New Thread button for all users in the "NSX Parts For Sale" section ended yesterday. It is now back to only redirecting people who registered recently. Here are some basic metrics I asked Enthusify to compare before and during the test:

2ofEN.png

5.05 = Average # of Listings per Day - Before the Enthusify trial
6.50 = Average # of Listings per Day - During the Enthusify 14 day trial

FFGqW.png

2.33 = Average # of Sales Per Day - Before the Enthusify trial
2.86 = Average # of Sales Per Day - During the Enthusify 14 day trial

There are some more enhancements I'd like to see in the platform before making it universal, and I'm discussing those with Chad. But I'd say the results from the test suggest that it works fairly well even as it stands.

We will probably do another test in the not too distant future (once some more features are incorporated into the platform). This will be a longer test to get more statistically useful metrics. If everything goes well during that test I may leave it switched over to Enthusify.

dont do it LUD.

not a fan of it.

the average items listed before Enthusify were since I am on Prime
every few minutes from 7:30am -11:30pm Sun-Sat
about 15-20 listings.

during this trial maybe 5-7 I have seen.

I presonally stopped listing during this trial and I know I am not the only one. a few other members that sell alot on Prime

if you have noticed they are not selling anymore.
I have stopped listing my stuff.

I know that member (XXX) made this all an Astroid hitting the earth event
but...it wasnt that bad before.

people not selling your stuff anymore post in this thread

Here is my experience.

Listed my rear tail light for $120. Asked $10 for shipping. It said I could change it later. Found no way to change it. Shipping ended up being $17. Enthusify took I think $6 to sell it.

So I ended up with $13 less than I woudl have the old way and that was on $120 item.

Plus, I have no idea if someone from prime bought it. I have had no communication with them, even though I emailed them a tracking number.

Oh, I am haven't got the money yet.

I am not a fan of Enthusify at all.

the average items listed before Enthusify were since I am on Prime
every few minutes from 7:30am -11:30pm Sun-Sat
about 15-20 listings.

during this trial maybe 5-7 I have seen.

Shawn, I don't really follow what you are saying here... The number of listings before and during the trial are shown in my post above. It's pretty clear there was no substantial change in either listings per day or sales per day, and if anything the numbers slightly favor Enthusify.

Granted it was only a two week window - one of the reasons I'd do a longer test before staying switched over in order to collect stronger statistical data.

All the threads are still in the NSX Parts For Sale forum if you'd like to go verify it yourself. I spot checked a few but didn't double check every data point. If you do that, keep in mind the graphs above delineate days based on Pacific time.

I have stopped listing my stuff.

Care to share the reason? What exactly are the things you don't like about it?

I know that member (XXX) made this all an Astroid hitting the earth event but...it wasnt that bad before.

I really have no idea what any of that means... ?

Here is my experience.

Listed my rear tail light for $120. Asked $10 for shipping. It said I could change it later. Found no way to change it. Shipping ended up being $17.

I'll let Chad respond to your comment about changing the shipping amount. If it told you that you could change it later and you were not able to then I'll pay you the $7.

Enthusify took I think $6 to sell it.

That doesn't sound right at all. I'm not sure when exactly you sold it, but if it was during the 2 week test we just completed, Enthusify isn't taking anything. If you sold it either before or after the test, the rate was only 3%, which is comparable to PayPal and only works out to $3.90 on $130 item + shipping. Again I'll ask Chad to clarify here since he has the actual transaction records.

Plus, I have no idea if someone from prime bought it. I have had no communication with them, even though I emailed them a tracking number.

Can you clarify why that is important to you? Would you not sell it to someone who hadn't registered on this site? Do you just want to know the user name if the person who bought it for the sake of curiosity? I ask because it never crossed my mind as being of importance.

Unfortunately that's the nature of an escrow system. The way people keep getting scammed is because the fraudulent sellers get the money up front, which is the driver for putting a system like this in place to begin with. Hopefully the feature Chad mentioned they are working on to allow the buyer to agree on early release of funds after receiving the item will help somewhat.

I presonally stopped listing during this trial and I know I am not the only one. a few other members that sell alot on Prime

What are some of the reasons you stopped posting? Maybe we can address your concerns with forthcoming features. This is an opportunity to implement improvements. We are all ears. Just last week, based on NSX feedback, we added:

Seller profile pages
More listings in the default view
Photo handling improvements

Listed my rear tail light for $120. Asked $10 for shipping. It said I could change it later. Found no way to change it. Shipping ended up being $17. Enthusify took I think $6 to sell it.

I will take a look at the language throughout the 'create a listing' process. It sounds like there was a lack of clarity. You can change your listing up until the point it sells. We have heard from a few sellers that we should prioritize a more sophisticated system to handle the shipping charge.

If you listed and sold an item during the last 14 days, Enthusify paid your credit card interchange fees for you and charged you $0.

At this time, anyone can buy an item. We are considering a feature that would allow a seller to specify that only a Prime member can purchase the item.

We have a feature forthcoming that will allow a buyer and seller to mutually confirm that a transaction completed successfully. That will enable Enthusify to release funds sooner. In the meantime, a few days into the trial, we started notifying buyers and sellers that if both confirmed the completion of a successful transaction that Enthusify would transfer the buyer's verified payment earlier than 14 days.

We are very thankful that you gave the system a try. Please let us know if you have requests for changes or enhancements that would improve your next experience.

I'm happy to see Chads expedient response and quick implimentation on this beta.Have you thought about possible "rewards" going forward for prime and its members for helping perfect your product ,and the obvious pain that any such change causes on the "group". I know that you have already waived fees for a specified period.:smile:

I'm happy to see Chads expedient response and quick implimentation on this beta.Have you thought about possible "rewards" going forward for prime and its members for helping perfect your product ,and the obvious pain that any such change causes on the "group". I know that you have already waived fees for a specified period.:smile:

Yes... we started by picking up 100% of the credit card processing fees. We also sent along $5 Amazon.com thank you cards to the first set of sellers. We will work with the site's leadership to determine future special treatment for the awesome members of this community.

We are live with 19 other communities. Each is in a slightly different stage of implementation and trial. Each contributes different kinds of thought leadership on the future of the Enthusify commerce tools.

In the meantime, a few days into the trial, we started notifying buyers and sellers that if both confirmed the completion of a successful transaction that Enthusify would transfer the buyer's verified payment earlier than 14 days.

I didn't know that but notified you anyway so the seller wouldn't have to wait.

Mike

I have an unrelated question about the process: over the past 11 years of business, we've had a couple fraudulent internet transactions. We must ship to the customer's verified address to have some protection against this. Through your system, we see only a ship to address, but can not verify through PayPal if the address that is presented is a verified address.

We are currently investigating the incorporation of the identity verification API.

Second, is there a mechanism to cancel a transaction. From our experience, we have had customers order a product online, and then call us the next day with a question or concern, then finding out they ordered the wrong part for their application. Does the seller have the ability to cancel the sale?

At this time, the seller can't issue a refund. At present, for the first 14 days, the funds are held by Enthusify. Within that window, the seller simply needs to notify Enthusify that a refund is necessary and Enthusify can issue a refund. This happened 3x for 3 different reasons during the 14 day window.

Lastly, can you clarify how the system would work in this instance: a customer orders an item through enthusify. The item is shipped (with tracking). The customer then receives the item and for whatever reason does not want to complete the transaction (buyer's remorse, change of mind, damages the item, etc). Does enthusify act as an mediator? One of the requirements of a merchant accepting credit cards for payments is to have an established return policy. One of the functions of this is to set expectations for both the vendor and customer. Through enthusify, this seems to be lacking.

Enthusify would be the mediator in this case. You can find Enthusify's terms for dispute resolution here under section 11. Unlike a service like PayPal, Enthusify has forum legacy information like registration date, number of posts, and other proxies for reputation at its disposal to help inform a disputed transaction.

Thanks for your excellent questions.

Based on the input of this community, yet another new feature went live to the NSX Prime Marketplace today. Thanks for the continued feedback. Now, sellers can choose from more options for payment transfer.

Here is a sample of what a seller sees when creating a listing:
ScreenShot2012-10-24at101357PM.png

Do you have an NSX item in your garage that a fellow Prime member could use? List it for sale: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/classifieds.php

Hi, I'm new to the forums... so will I never have the option to post in the "NSX parts for sale" Threads?

Based on the input of this community, yet another new feature went live to the NSX Prime Marketplace today. Thanks for the continued feedback. Now, sellers can choose from more options for payment transfer.

Here is a sample of what a seller sees when creating a listing:
ScreenShot2012-10-24at101357PM.png

Do you have an NSX item in your garage that a fellow Prime member could use? List it for sale: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/classifieds.php

I am glad you can link to paypal so you will know if the item is sold through them but shouldn't the option of paying be for the buyer? I mean if they pick the paypal button above will the buyer still have the option of paying by CC through you? You should give the seller the option of taking either but not only PP imo. I actually liked paying through you better then PP.

Mike

Back