• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ESTFest 2014 May 23-25, 2014 in Grand Bend, ONT

HELLO Primers Michigan and all guests looking in. 2-28-2014

Coming up in MAY 2014 is an NSX Club of Canada (NSXCC) event you will not want to miss. Why? It will never be closer to us.

Link: From Detroit – 2 hours
1. Highway 1-94 to Port Huron/Sarnia
2. Highway 402 to exit 34 – Highway 21 North
3. Highway 21 North to Grand Bend
4. North through Intersection, approximately half a mile
5. Oakwood is on the Left/West Side of the Highway

From Sarnia/Port Huron – 45 minutes
1. Highway 1-94 to Port Huron/Sarnia
2. Highway 402 to exit 34 – Highway 21 North
3. Highway 21 North to Grand Bend
4. North through Intersection, approximately half a mile
5. Oakwood is on the Left/West Side of the Highway

From Windsor – 2.2 hours
1. Take Highway 401 to Highway 21 North of Thamesville
2. Turn right onto Highway 2
3. Turn left onto Highway 79 and follow 79 to Highway 21
4. Turn right onto Highway 21 N which leads to Grand Bend
5. North through Intersection, approximately half a mile
6. Oakwood is on the Left/West Side of the Highway

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...2014-Oakwood-Resort-Grand-Bend-May-23-25-2014

Our (USA) Memorial Day weekend. So close and so much tradition. We have been to several ESTFest’s and always worthwhile with great owners, great NSX’s, and great times. PM me if you desire more details and the inside. Getting 10-11 cents right now on exchange which does help.

:peach: Put it on your schedule.

thx for posting!!!

Yea! Free track time?

Holy shittake mushroom, ...... this development sweetens the weekend:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...y-23-25-2014?p=1771428&viewfull=1#post1771428

As a reminder, the arranged room rate is only guaranteed available through Sunday, March 23rd.

:biggrin: This is shaping up real nice. Willing to stage here/somewhere in greater Detroit area to proceed to Pt Huron/Bluewater Bridge and in. We'd meet up Friday noon-2:00 PM or so. Get outta here before Friday PM rush hours. Grab your Gal or your pal and let's do a road trip - meet some super NSX enthusiasts.

PM me with any questions.

Holy shittake mushroom, ...... this development sweetens the weekend
You know what, Neal is right............

We attended a couple years back, and had a great time with some very cool people.
We had been holding out on this one due to multiple other commitments over the upcoming driving season, but with it being so close and now adding some free track time, we're in with both feet!

Who else is IN?

Brian

I am in!!! very cool!!!

where can I get info on exactly when the track day is and what I have to do to be part of it and the event.

For those who have not seen the lodging.. it's in a cool spot for sure

as an alternative to crossing at windsor or sarnia.. be aware there is a car ferry at Marine city mich to Sombra, Ontario with a nice ride up the St Clair River on the Canadien side.

I can report later in the spring as to any ground clearance issues getting on and off the ferry... water should be up this year.. so I doubt any issues

Brian.. no promises... but if I participate in the track day... I MIGHT... actually activate the VTEC!!!

Already planning on Chin motorsports event Mon and Tues, hmmm, how to convince Liz to do both

Tim & Liz........come join the fun, and bring our helmet to the track for us (wouldn't that be excellent multinational concierge service? ;-)

Brian

We have reserved our room.
Come on all you other party people...........
:rolleyes::wink:
Judi

In !

Room reserved, in for this.

Fri some track, Sat some fun, Sun some RM Auction visit. Monday to recover as USA Holiday. As of last Friday, ~ eleven cents on U.S. dollar. :smile:

Registered for Mid Ohio Monday and Tuesday. Mother in law in favor of us attending Est Fest. Still working on it.

Is this a track event?

Track event with Chin Motorsports. Again with driver instruction. There are some track events coming up at Gingerman.

jorligan; Mother in law in favor of us attending Est Fest. Still working on it.[/QUOTE said:
I like Your Mother in Law:biggrin:......come on up

Bram

- - - Updated - - -

Is this a track event?

No, but this year we are able to secure 2 hours of track time for anyone attending Est Fest, and it's FREE

Some of our members are going on the Thur, to attend a full track day,which I'm told is very reasonable.

Bram

Last edited:
Less than one month out now

Looking good for this. :smile:

Thoughts about meeting and driving to this event as a group? Leave 11 AM Friday May 23rd?

I like Your Mother in Law:biggrin:......come on up

Bram

- - - Updated - - -

No, but this year we are able to secure 2 hours of track time for anyone attending Est Fest, and it's FREE

Some of our members are going on the Thur, to attend a full track day,which I'm told is very reasonable.

Bram

Lapping on Thursday is only 5pm - 9pm.

Looking good for this. :smile:

Thoughts about meeting and driving to this event as a group? Leave 11 AM Friday May 23rd?

Yes that works, let's set up a meeting location (can use our place if you like) since we'll be heading North to 696 anyway.

Brian

Super weather report!

Sure looks good for this weekend into Grand Bend, ONT.

Getting excited - need a road trip in an NSX!

Yes that works, let's set up a meeting location (can use our place if you like) since we'll be heading North to 696 anyway.

Brian

OK, life necessitates that we'll need to bump the leaving time a little later than 11am.........but it will still allow plenty of time to get to the track before the driver's meeting.

Brian

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'm in St. Thomas ON. Only about an hour from Port Huron. I was thinking the other day that there might be some Michigan meets I could attend this year. Meeting with my fellow Canucks in Toronto is a 2 hour drive so traveling a little into Michigan would be similar for me.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I'm in St. Thomas ON. Only about an hour from Port Huron. I was thinking the other day that there might be some Michigan meets I could attend this year. Meeting with my fellow Canucks in Toronto is a 2 hour drive so traveling a little into Michigan would be similar for me.

Obviously we would enjoy having you visit Detroit area car shows/events and seeing your New Formula Red NSX. :smile:

We should launch at ~ 1:00 PM EST and mebbee see you at Oakwood Resort before going out to track? Weather forecast appears favorable.

431 MILES later..

AND a boatload of friends old and new, and fine times, think all arrived home safely.

In spite of Rick's gravel road. :redface:

Now some of those were track miles. :biggrin: Pics to maybe follow.

Back