• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Euro taillights or non Euro taillights

Can someone explain if or what the difference is between European taillights and US taillights (or other ...) I noticed that there are more recent taillights with two backup lights (left and right). Then I wonder where the foglight is.
This makes me hesitate to change to any other taillights, like a newer version or led-taillights. Also are the US-taillights (or any other lights on the US-Acura ) "stamped" with the 'E' mark to get the car through inspection without any problem ? Meaning can I swap lights between both the Acura and Honda Nsx without creating an inspection problem ? Your input is much appreciated.

JDM are darker than the USDM. I looked at some pics here on Prime, and it looks like the JDM they swap to in USA also have the two back-up lights and not one back-up&one fog light like we have in EU.
But I am sure there are someone lurking aroung who knows exactly what the differences are and if the USDM/JDM have the e-mark. :biggrin:

Back