• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

European NSX-event Sept. '07 ???

Regardings this possible event we came up with a concept like this :

Saturday around 11 A.M. arrival at a parking space at a motorway restaurant, with possibility for a (cheap) lunch (1)

A tour due south, at Mosel-valley, with it's beautiful roads and castles

Staying overnight at Cochem or nearby (2)

Breakfast and again a tour at Nürburg, with only roads as shown in (4)

Arrival at Nürburgring (3) around 1 P.M.

around 5 P.M. departure at home, or sooner at free will and ability

What do you guys think ?

eifelnurburgconceptyf7.jpg

Count me in as interested definetely.

Will the Nurburgring be open ??

Will the Nurburgring be open ??

Öffnungszeiten Touristenfahrten Nordschleife 2006/2007

September 1st and 2nd : DTM !!
September 21st - 23th : ADAC Nürburgring Classic

Datum:
Samstag, 8.09.2007
von 17:30 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
Datum:
Sonntag, 9.09.2007
von 8:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr

Datum:
Samstag, 15.09.2007
von 18:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
Datum:
Sonntag, 16.09.2007

Datum:
Samstag, 29.09.2007
von 18:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr
Datum:
Sonntag, 30.09.2007

So ... that leave our options to these three weekend

Greetz :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for not giving up the idea of a Europe event. I think that some people of Switzerland are interested in an event like this.

Thanks for not giving up the idea of a Europe event. I think that some people of Switzerland are interested in an event like this.

First and MOST URGENT: We need to set the date !! Then I can look into the possibility to stay overnight somewhere with enough room for us and our cars

First and MOST URGENT: We need to set the date !! Then I can look into the possibility to stay overnight somewhere with enough room for us and our cars

8th, 15th, 22th or 29th sept. Depending on the activity on the Nürburgring and Holidays. Don't know about both of them exactly.

To make an estimate .... :confused:
let's say the event will take place september 8th and 9th :eek:
Who's going to participate ????? :biggrin:

P.S. The Belgian NSX-ers are OBLIGATED to participate :biggrin:
(that's at least 9 cars / 18 people)

I've contacted Nürburgring to check if there are any other activities in the weekend sept. 8-9th and asked for the possibility to drive the racetrack. Waiting for their reply now ...

Today I received this mail on my request on driving the Nürburgring :

"sorry for the late answer.
We regret to say, that's not possible to rent the track at the 8th of September.
We will have a big race competition at that weekend."

:frown: :frown: :frown:

So any other suggestions for a date ??

Would like to get this fixed in the diary :)

Looking forward to hear more... My x is still on the carage and waiting new parts... Intresting to know more!

Would be good if you could make it Darren, if you do then can I have a passenger ride please before thinking about taking mine out on the ring.

last 3 sundays in sept appear to be open all day at the ring

I might be up for this - it will mean getting some plates, MOT & Tax on the car but I'm well overdue for some quality time in the NSX and it's been more than 2 years since I drove the ring.

It appears that sept 22-23th the circuit will be available. Me and Eli pretty much established the tour, starting at Wittlich, taking us to the Mosel-Valley and then heading towards Luxemburg and ending on sunday at the Nürburgring. We're going to make a pre-tour in a few weeks and will look into the possibility to stay overnight somewhere ... we'll keep you posted. I'll try to get confirmation from the Nürburgring that the circuit will be available for us on sunday.
Greetings,
Eli and Eric

Excellent! That's the way to do it! As soon as we have something concret people should get attracted. Thanks!

:mad: :mad: Bad news again ... got this this morning in my mailbox :

Hello,

On 23th september is our track closed. We have a classic race.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Bertina Rednak

Nürburgring Ticket Service GmbH
Kartenvorverkauf
53520 Nürburg/Eifel

I've asked if there is any weekend in september where the track is available :frown:

Hello,

We have open on 2th, 9th, 16th and 26th of September the track open. All days at 8 a.m.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i. A. Bertina Rednak

Nürburgring Ticket Service GmbH
Kartenvorverkauf
53520 Nürburg/Eifel

Back