• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

European NSX owners

There's a chance I might be headed to Italy for work. Are there any owners here from Milano or Roma?

If so how hard is it going to be to get my NSX serviced? How concerned should I be about having it stolen if I live in central Roma? Versus the coast near Ostia Antica close to Fiumicino airport? Any good clubs to join?

hmmm.... does this mean I have to get a prancing horse if I go?

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 20 October 2001).]

Originally posted by hejo:
hmmm.... does this mean I have to get a prancing horse if I go?

Yes, I think it would be more easy. I am not sure that there are many NSX in Italy.
wink.gif

About the club, I don't think that an Italian NSX club exists.

Is Switzerland we have the "NSX & Honda Sportcars Club" which regroups members from several countries in Europe.

hejo, as discussed via email: if you ever decide to come in Europe do not forget to visit us in Switzerland!
...and as said, your nsx will be really 100x more exotice than Ferraris there, so keep it!
The only advice I'd like to give you is that in Rome a beater is not only needed, is really a must (parking in the middle of the street is a common practice there, no joke, really, and even stranger is that you will probably do it yourself in a confortable way once get used to it...).

ps: my yahoo profile should be online again, thanks for making me aware of the problem!

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
... in Rome a beater is not only needed, is really a must (parking in the middle of the street is a common practice there...).

Oh I know that's why I was wondering if I should "ever" take the NSX into city central. Actually if I go I'll get an Alfa 156 as part of the package. Not a bad beater.

I've only seen a couple of Ferrari's in central and only 1 parked. The one was parked on via del Babuino by the Spanish Steps, just past Condotti next to one of the high-end jewery stores...in the middle of the road. Bright yellow! Everyone was just staying away from it... that was but me
biggrin.gif
I never did see the owner.

I get to Zürich every now and then. I have a couple of friends there (one with a 512TR) so the next time I'm headed that way I'll definitely contact you guys.

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

"Everyone was just staying away from it... "

That sounds funny but it is absolutely true! Ferraris get A LOT of respect in Italy. This is something that happened to the father of a friend of mine.
He owns a 355-F1 Challenge, the car is LOUD and it is illegal to be driven on the street (VERY loud and high gas emission). He drives it every sunny day to work in Rome. One day he was stopped by the "Carabinieri" (it is the military police that is intended for not military operations)... he was quite afraid about the possible consequences and the car being towed away.
They only asked him to rev the car so they could have listened the sound!!!! Then many thumbs-up from them and they let him go! ...speak about general car-illness!
eek.gif

Back