• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust options

My car arrives next week, so I am setting up appointments for the mods.

This car def needs an aftermarket exhaust to sound the part. My research says that swapping the downpipes with either sport cat or no cat pipes has the greatest affect on sound.

Seems like the two most prevalent options are Science of Speed and Fabspeed.

Cat delete pipes probably generate the most sound, but I believe throw a CEL.

Anybody have either of these? Opinions? Other options?

Congrats on the new NSX!

We offer two options to replace the restrictive OEM downpipes - Catbypass or HJS Sport Cat Downpipes.

Catbypass Downpipes are going to give you maximum power and sound, however, you will have a Check Engine Light for Catalyst Efficiency and can run into obstacles with emissions depending on where you are located.

Sport Cat Downpipes flow 93% of a straight pipe with NO Check Engine Light due to the premium HJS 200 Cell Sport Cats while still gaining majority of the power and sound improvements of the Catbypass.

I've had ample seat time with both set-ups and the seat-of-the-pants improvement was noticeable to say the least (approx. +40whp/20ft-lbs), not to mention the intoxicating exhaust tone! No drone either :)

Our Downpipes also feature provisions to retain the OEM Heat Shields for the Turbos, Primary Cats and also include a proprietary heat shield in place of the deleted restrictive and redundant Secondary Cat.

NSX_Sport_Cat_Update__19963.1508537416.1280.1280.jpg

This video is a good demonstration of how the Sport Cat Downpipes (and Maxflo Exhaust) sounds in comparison to OEM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGc107tTiB0

Check out our full NSX line: https://www.fabspeed.com/acura-nsx/

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or for forum pricing :)

Last edited:
Alex have you proven the 40hp gain on a dyno? That is a fantastic gain with only exhaust mods.

Alex have you proven the 40hp gain on a dyno? That is a fantastic gain with only exhaust mods.

nsx final dyno.JPG

Here are a few different configurations.

Seat-of-the-pants improvement is very noticeable, both in my experience and feedback from several owners.

My favorite is this review :)
[FONT=&quot]
"The NSX is now the Monster it should have been from the factory. Sounds Insanely good and has gotten VERY VERY fast. Scary fast to be honest. I have never seen an exhaust and downpipe do this much to the power of a car..."[/FONT]

Attachments

• NSX Dyno- (005).pdf
    285.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
its very sad how we dont have a good or atleast in my opinion a good sounding exhaust... and yes I have heard the above downpipes in action its lauder but nothing special. but in all honesty to the Vendors "specializing on the NSX"what really is going to make this car stand out even more is a TUNE so please get to work and release one !!!!! the NEW Mclaren 720s already release a tune are we are still waiting...

Last edited:
It's just difficult if not impossible to make a turbo produce that wonderful naturally aspirated sound...... Formula 1 ruined the sound of their cars when they went back to the turbos....
There was nothing like the sound of a V-10 at 20,000 RPM. I'm sad that I never made it to a race to hear it in person "back in the day" ......

It's just difficult if not impossible to make a turbo produce that wonderful naturally aspirated sound...... Formula 1 ruined the sound of their cars when they went back to the turbos....
There was nothing like the sound of a V-10 at 20,000 RPM. I'm sad that I never made it to a race to hear it in person "back in the day" ......

Most turbo cars I’ve heard don’t sound great with the exclusion on the Amg GT. It sounds glorious! I don’t have high hopes for the nsx exhaust.

I'm also getting my NSX in about a week.

Alec, if we order the system, how long will it take us to receive it? I've heard it takes you guys 6-8 weeks to make something.

I'm also getting my NSX in about a week.

Alec, if we order the system, how long will it take us to receive it? I've heard it takes you guys 6-8 weeks to make something.

Congrats! What color?

We custom fabricate majority of our systems in-house, to order, which is currently at a 3 week lead time.

I have the fabspeed exhaust on my NSX and it sounds amazing. I get compliments on it all the time, and the amount of turbo spool you hear on this thing is ridiculous.

Heres a video my friend put up of my exhaust: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf89M7MHr9y/?taken-by=lodhilife

What system do you have exactly on your car? Which downpipes? Sport cat or cat delete? Did you replace the stock valved portion of the exhaust with the Maxflow?

Back