• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium NSX Exhaust

Made this up for a friend along with some 200 cell cat pipes. He’s gonna install JB4 tune himself next. Exhaust was easy to remove for the most part. The oem cats are a different story lol. Very time consuming.

You really have to do the cat pipes at same time or sound difference isn’t too much. The oem cat pipes have 2 pairs of cats! That’s the most restricted part of the system for sure. Exhaust ended up weighing like 4lbs.

2680-FD73-F0-B1-417-C-A3-F2-B3687-CAB8-BD3.jpg

Let me figure out how to post a video clip and I’ll do so.

Do you plan on making (Titanium Exhaust) these for sale? If so perhaps we can get a group buy going.

I found someone who is selling their Titanium Exhaust. It is a 3 inch two exhausts exit unit. I am torn because I will save the weight of pulling the OEM but then I am stuck with the loud exhaust all the time other than in EV mode. Where now in Sport the sound is turned down as the exhaust goes through the two mufflers in addition to the center two exhausts. It would less the Dr Jekyll vs Dr. Hide phenomena.

Any idea how much weight you saved net the 4lbs?
Made this up for a friend along with some 200 cell cat pipes. He’s gonna install JB4 tune himself next. Exhaust was easy to remove for the most part. The oem cats are a different story lol. Very time consuming.

You really have to do the cat pipes at same time or sound difference isn’t too much. The oem cat pipes have 2 pairs of cats! That’s the most restricted part of the system for sure. Exhaust ended up weighing like 4lbs.

2680-FD73-F0-B1-417-C-A3-F2-B3687-CAB8-BD3.jpg

Let me figure out how to post a video clip and I’ll do so.

I found someone who is selling their Titanium Exhaust. It is a 3 inch two exhausts exit unit. I am torn because I will save the weight of pulling the OEM but then I am stuck with the loud exhaust all the time other than in EV mode. Where now in Sport the sound is turned down as the exhaust goes through the two mufflers in addition to the center two exhausts. It would less the Dr Jekyll vs Dr. Hide phenomena.

Yeah, what you really need is a titanium version of the OEM. Ti mufflers on the "quiet" pipes and Ti straight pipes for the "loud" exits. I'm hoping SOS does something like this (or Pride), or there is always the hope that Acura will do this as an OEM part on a Type-S trim. Then you can just buy it from them and have guaranteed OEM fitment. Nissan did it for the GT-R: it was originally a NISMO part, but then became available on the base trim too.

If I recall the standard exhaust is about 38 pounds so something like the one above saves 30+ pounds which is a significant savings. If you replace the 12 volt battery with a lithium unit you would save another 30+ pounds. So that would balance the car and you might be able to feel it (60+ pounds) in the seat of the pants run.

There is someone that is currently making a titanium exhaust that is a replacement for the OEM. So you would retain the difference in sound associated with EV, Sport, and Sport+. I did consider the all titanium exhaust that was straight through without mufflers and decided that losing the quiet mode was not something I wanted to do. We could do a group buy on the Titanium OEM. I will see if I can find the link.

There is someone that is currently making a titanium exhaust that is a replacement for the OEM. So you would retain the difference in sound associated with EV, Sport, and Sport+. I did consider the all titanium exhaust that was straight through without mufflers and decided that losing the quiet mode was not something I wanted to do. We could do a group buy on the Titanium OEM. I will see if I can find the link.

This is great!

Drmanny3, any idea on timeline?

Back