• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Exhaust smell

I have an odor of gas in my garage that is just too much. I'm not running cats because my tuner said I would just burn them up. My car is SC and running 19PSI on a Whipple 2.3 blower with a TEC 3. Is there any cat that will eliminate the odor? I do not want to lean the fuel out to much but cannot stand the gas smell. I thought I had the same smell with the factory cats.

A gear head who doesn't like the smell of gas??? weird:tongue:

Nothing you can do....except try high flow cats. If it makes any difference, you will get used to it.

Gas smell when the car is just sitting in the garage? Have you disabled that vapor recovery system in the mods to you car? Damaged or disconnected a hose for the vapor recovery plumbing when you had the tank to install the new fuel pump.

He doesn't have CATS. It's not the smell of gas technically. It's hydro carbons or some shit like that. But smells kinda like gas.

I highly doubt you are going to burn up a good set of high flow cats.

Gas smell when the car is just sitting in the garage? Have you disabled that vapor recovery system in the mods to you car? Damaged or disconnected a hose for the vapor recovery plumbing when you had the tank to install the new fuel pump.

It is only when I pull the car in and shut it off. It will go through the house and my wife lets me know about it. It also seamed like when I was out driving with the Targa off I smelt fumes I just don’t remember this when the car was stock. I wanted to see if cats burned more of this off.

Cats shouldn't do much about this. Since you are using the TEC3, you are probably much richer than stock. I don't think that there is any way to get around it since your A/F ratio is probably around 12 vs the stock 14.7. I have the same issues with mine using the modified MSL-AEM.

Back