• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Owners Code of Conduct

No comments here, Im ok with everything on the list. Except maybe the clean and always presentable thing. Just dont have the time to keep the car spotless all the time, so once in a while its crusing around with a layer of dirt on it. :tongue: :biggrin:

Regarding the obeying laws...while I try, I am not perfect. But I will say I have gotten more tickets in my other cars than in my NSX (zero)...so I guess I drive with a little more caution in the NSX.

The NSX is an exotic? :confused: Says who?

I thought it was a Super Duper Civic
I swear I thought the link was going to ferrari forum.

That "Code of Conduct" thing is just laughable and contradictory. Different people have different purposes with their cars and routines. To many, their "exotic" cars are just tools for different purposes and not some big deal holy grails that some might feel and/or want other to agree. Always clean and shiny, "I will always obey all traffic rules" and then will "only operate the ways Enzo, Soichiro, etc intended the cars to be on light traffic/open roads"!!?? Some people actually take that as some dogma and in fact it was written by an internet blogger. There are good intentions that pretty much are just common senses that apply to everyone regardless what you drive. But to call them "code of conduct for "EXOTIC" car owners is simply imposing. So if I don't have my car at the cleanest state or seek out charities and community services, I am not meeting the "code of conduct" of exotic car owners? How about just calling it "my attitude towards my car and what I want to do with my 'exotic' car" instead of such pontificating name?
Steve

Last edited:
Wow Steve used BIG words hehe!
Yep I 2nd Steve- I do my best to always have my toys clean, and be responsible but I do the same with my accord as my high performance machines.Honestly if I did have an Enzo I would be rediculous and anal!

Then again if I had 200mil in the bank perhaps it would then become a daily driver?
Peace

mechanically my car is mint and superbly maintained, but as far as the exterior cleanliness goes well lets just say once in a while she gets a treatment. Black does not last long being cleaned so for all the lighter colored cars i would say they have an advantage.
being that i use it as a DD i cannot keep up with washing and waxing on a daily basis. Maybe a week to 3 at most.
I guess i should be punished for my misconduct :D

Nice stuff but my child inside is saying...

manners.jpg
Nyah! Nyah! I got a NSX!

Last edited:
I have to agree with keeping the car clean. No offense but some of these nsx's I see look horrible. :frown: It's still an exotic to me. Even at the Ferrari, Lambo, meets I still get compliments on the car.

I have to agree with keeping the car clean. No offense but some of these nsx's I see look horrible. :frown: It's still an exotic to me. Even at the Ferrari, Lambo, meets I still get compliments on the car.

And an important part of that is keeping it in a garage. That's why I'm not allowed to buy one yet (see my sig). I'm sure only driving in nice weather helps too.

My current car usually only gets washed when I get an oil change. I did give it some babying a couple weekends ago and it looks much better :biggrin:

I do have to say that putting cheap/ugly/sloppy body kits on a car like this is much worse to me than having it be dirty.

That "Code of Conduct" thing is just laughable and contradictory. Different people have different purposes with their cars and routines. To many, their "exotic" cars are just tools for different purposes and not some big deal holy grails that some might feel and/or want other to agree. Always clean and shiny, "I will always obey all traffic rules" and then will "only operate the ways Enzo, Soichiro, etc intended the cars to be on light traffic/open roads"!!?? Some people actually take that as some dogma and in fact it was written by an internet blogger. There are good intentions that pretty much are just common senses that apply to everyone regardless what you drive. But to call them "code of conduct for "EXOTIC" car owners is simply imposing. So if I don't have my car at the cleanest state or seek out charities and community services, I am not meeting the "code of conduct" of exotic car owners? How about just calling it "my attitude towards my car and what I want to do with my 'exotic' car" instead of such pontificating name?
Steve

I couldn't agree more. Although I think I do the (clean, well maintained, not an idiot driver portion) of this, the rest is hog wash. Sorry I don't wave at everyone and take my car to church festivals to let kids climb in. :rolleyes:

You could be onto something here....after washing my '92 "exotic", smiling and at the posted speed limit, I drove down to a community organization...you were right about "sharing my passion" thing...had a great time...my wife, unfortunately, does not subscribe to the Code and has forbidden any future volunteer visits to the Home for Future Unwed Mothers....my charitable work has been suspended. Timbob.:smile: :smile: :smile:

The NSX is an exotic? :confused: Says who?

I thought it was a Super Duper Civic....

I gots Vtec YO.....well we DO get RWD :biggrin:

I have one EXOTIC HONDA........that just makes me laugh :smile:

Just my OPINION but if I though a "made in Japan" car was Exotic I would say my 3rd Gen Rx-7 is. With the rotary and turbos it's just special (anyway you want to relate to special :wink: ). I give Mazda props for "out of the box" thinking. I've always got more attention in the Rx7 from the gas station to Blockbuster :eek:

Tough to do when you drive it to work every day.

Don't feel bad I let the rain wash my car :tongue: Yes we do get some rain here in Ca.

I'm not always the most polite and curtious. Well let me rephrase that, I usually dodge as many people as possible, if possible. I can only answer the same questions so many times! You know, the typical 20 question everyone asks. Is does get old.

Really David? How much did you pay for it? :rolleyes:

LOL :biggrin: that gets OLD :tongue:

I just tell them it's a cheap HONDA like a Civic.

Can we add a line to the Exotic Owners Code of Conduct prohibiting NSX owners from being pretentious douchebags?

Ski, that's a little tough.........we might not have but a handfull of members left :biggrin: :tongue: :eek:

BTW: Mine for $18k and the '91s will be going for less soon. Still great for a 17 year old car :)

And an important part of that is keeping it in a garage. That's why I'm not allowed to buy one yet (see my sig). I'm sure only driving in nice weather helps too.
LOL, my NSX is forced to sleep in the driveway occasionally. We only have a 1 car garage and it sometimes comes down to who gets home first (or who washed their car last). It survives. :)

I think we exotic owners owe it to ourselves and our group to be good and decent citizens and to treat our cars with respect due their rare and unusual nature. When people approach me about my car, I'm always polite and as chatty as they want me to be. When they tell their friends about my car later, I want them to mention that the owner was nice, too.

But as far as keeping my car like a museum piece, forget it. I respect other owners who go to that extreme with their cars, but I don't see any great virtue in it for myself. I drive my NSX every day and every where and it frequently looks like it.

I'm not always the most polite and curtious. Well let me rephrase that, I usually dodge as many people as possible, if possible. I can only answer the same questions so many times! You know, the typical 20 question everyone asks. Is does get old.

I'm with you on that.

Back