• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Owners Code of Conduct

Wow, I'm very dissapointed by what I'm seeing here. I'd really think that as actual owners, you'd have a bit more respect for the car.
Right now, I drive a G35 Coupe, and hope to buy an NSX in the near future. My car is a regular, run of the mill production sport/luxury coupe. As far as G35s go, my car is pretty rare (I've yet to run into a twin in person, but have seen one on G35driver), but still nothing to run around bragging about.
The point is, I treat my car like an exotic. It is my daily, but she is garaged the second I pull in from work. I wash it and do a full interior clean every week. Wax every month, claybar ever 3 months. In every wash, I clean my wheels, shine my tires, polish my exhaust tips, clean the wheel wells, clean my undercarriage, etc.. I clean my engine bay once a month as well. It had a door ding at one point, and I had it pulled, because I could not tolerate seeing it. As it stands right now, it is one of the most pristine examples, and anyone that has seen it, or been in it has commented on how my car looks like it just came off the showroom floor, and even still smells like a new car.
And a few people have asked to go for a ride in it, and I've taken them. I even redlined two gears when there was a nice open stretch and it was safe to do so.
I also drive very nicely, don't cut people off, don't weave through traffic, etc... It doesn't matter how fancy or lack thereof your car is, there's no reason to be a waffle on the road.

Some of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen on the road were from exotic owners, and I couldn't help but wonder, how they're not ashamed to disgrace the car like that. Perfect example: I was driving in my subdivision, by a school, 40km/h speed limit, I was doing 50-55km/hr. An F430 convertible, went into the oncoming traffic lane, and ripped by me at atleast 100km/h. IN A FVCKING SCHOOL ZONE. Maybe 30m before a red light. We stopped at the same red, he was making a left, I was going straight. He looked at me, he was an older gentleman (I use that term loosely, considering his driving) and he smiled. I shook my head at him in dissaproval.
I LOVE F-Cars, I've waved at several out my window and motioned them to give it so I can hear the exhaust. But on open roads. Not in a small residential subdivision near a school. That's just not cool.
On the other hand, I had a very positive experience with the owner of a new M3 coupe. He was just pulling into the lot of the gym that I go to, and I pulled up beside him, leaving one spot in between us, because it's just common courtesy to not park right next to someone's nice car.
I asked him a few questions about the car, and he was really cool about it, even turned it back on for me and revved it even though I didn't ask. He also invited me to sit in the driver's seat (but obviously not drive it). I accepted his offer, and was really happy to get to sit in one, especially since this was right when they came out, and he likely paid quite a bit above MSRP to get his.
Either way, that's my rant, take it any way you wish, but I think you should have some more respect for your car, and appreciation and gratitude for the fact that you're more fortunate than a lot of people in this world.

really. Two WHOLE gears? !!! LOL
I love how a non-owner has to step in and say something nice about caring for and respecting your car, and you respond with a smart-ass one liner.
Real classy, you do the car community proud.
But you know what? If I can put up with a thousand jackasses that have never even driven one telling me not to buy it because it's overpriced and underpowered, I can easily put up with the few jaded owners that can't even respect their own car.

Last edited:
This board has gone way downhill...and it's not just the newbies. It's a nihilist wonderland that i've stumbled upon here. I've got 2 comments and i'm out... 1.The OP code of conduct is an bit overboard, but what's wrong with not being a prick when your out and about in your NSX? and 2. the Code of Conduct should be for every driver regardless of make, model or price. The roads would be a nicer place to drive.

Never ricerize your car from a JC Whitney catalog.........
Its almost an epidemic.........

The idiot ratio here is going crazy............

Really brings down the mark, like it / admit it or not............

Just a phase we will have to weather...........

Last edited:
I had a smart ass guy ask me at the light the other day if I spent my lifes savings on my car. I told him no, about a weeks pay. he asked me what I do. I told him I sell Aveo's. He was driving an Aveo. His buddy in the passengers seat was laughing his ass off and pointing at the guy in the drivers seat saying, he got you man, you paid for his car.

You can't always be polite when people are nasty. Usually I am as personable as the people I meet. I am always friendly with children.

What's wrong with that? I usually redline two gears, 3rd and 4th :biggrin: I always run out of road or gain on traffic before I get to hit anything about 164.

ROFLMAO

yeah, I didn't think of that now did I? LOL

If it takes being Italian to be "exotic" then my buddies FIAT should be there, right?

I owned an 850 years ago anf it ran exactly 25% of the time I owned it, POS. The best story I've got with it; I went through the drive through at Burger-King and the guy leans out to ask "what kinda car is that", I told him "it's a FIAT" to which he say's "how come it say FLAT on it, then":tongue:

By the way, nice portrait GregZ:tongue:

LOL Thnx

but that pic doesn't really do me justice because since then my Mommy
has gotten me some new glasses. and when they broke again she stepped up and fixed them with black tape this time woohoo.

I had a smart ass guy ask me at the light the other day if I spent my lifes savings on my car. I told him no, about a weeks pay. he asked me what I do. I told him I sell Aveo's. He was driving an Aveo.

Man, you are rocket fast!
Fantastic answers. You'd survive the Ready Room!

I just bought an NSX. I wanted one for about 10 years, since a friend gave me a 10 min. ride in his. It is the most fun car to drive that I have ever been in and I intend to put as many miles on it as I can. There is a feeling I get when I drive it that is hard to explain. I don't care about exotic, or other cars, or keeping it perfect, I just care about the way it makes me feel when I drive it. It reminds me of the feeling I used to get on a nice motorcycle. That is my take.

For example, would everyone agree that an F-car or Lambo was a true exotic? I would think yes. F & L car owners all agree a Lotus is also an exotic, less superior, but still an exotic nevertheless. Now go to F-chat and ask those guys if they think the NSX is an exotic:biggrin:

I understand how one might come to the conclusion that the NSX might not be exotic but I put forth that there is no way that, for example, an F348 can be considered an exotic and the NSX not considered exotic.

Yes, worldwide production numbers are greater for the NSX but in each car's first 7 years (F348's total lifespan) the worldwide totals are 8,844 348s and about ~14,000 NSXs (7,171 sold in USA). That essentially is the same category of sales figures--low. If you want to push it further, I'll even call out the F355 and say if that car is an exotic, the NSX must be an exotic. Now we're talking 11,273 355s + 8,844 348s = 20,117 F cars from 1989-1999--11 years. Total NSX production is ~18,000 over 15 years. In fact, The NSX is actually more rare than all of the MR Ferraris produced in the same era. Over 18,000 F360s were produced bringing the total number of MR Ferraris produced between 1989-2005 to 38,000+!

So, unless simply having a badge, being outrageously expensive, being uncomfortable, being unreliable or being European are prerequisites to be considered "exotic" (which is complete nonsense) the NSX must be an exotic by virtue of the F348 being an exotic and being much more rare than any MR Ferrari in the last 20 years.

Being slightly more rare is the only leg up the 348 has on the NSX. The NSX and 348 (and I'll even say the F355 for the most part) have nearly identical "exotic" credentials from that point forward. And as you said, Greg, I think we can all agree the Ferraris are exotic. :wink:

I had a smart ass guy ask me at the light the other day if I spent my lifes savings on my car. I told him no, about a weeks pay. he asked me what I do. I told him I sell Aveo's. He was driving an Aveo...

That's friggin' funny. I'm using that line some day.

Whats the ready room?

Ready room is not just for fighter pilots. It is a room where flight crew go over their flight plans, mission, etc.. before each flight/sortie/mission.

Funny i'm in my squadrons ready room right now surfing the forums and talking to you guys lol. Not just for flight crews(in my case A-Dubs aka AW's) or pilots. =p

I love how a non-owner has to step in and say something nice about caring for and respecting your car, and you respond with a smart-ass one liner.
Real classy, you do the car community proud.
But you know what? If I can put up with a thousand jackasses that have never even driven one telling me not to buy it because it's overpriced and underpowered, I can easily put up with the few jaded owners that can't even respect their own car.

Um.... it's just a car......

So we "jaded" owners just enjoy what we can out of it while we own it.

And it was just a joke on Greg's part. I found it funny. Then again it's "just a car" to us. I'd gladly give it up if it meant finishing up my college easier.

Last edited:
Ready room is not just for fighter pilots. It is a room where flight crew go over their flight plans, mission, etc.. before each flight/sortie/mission.
Agreed!
I tried to qualify my comments by saying that (for me, on cruise, on an aircraft carrier)...it was the center of "life" as we knew it for 6-7 months at a time.

My experience is that we had briefing rooms to start acting more professional in.

Back