• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Owners Code of Conduct

LoL this is STILL going on?

Hey Greg don't worry about him and what he said, I'll be your friend if you come out to california someday. As long as you'll be mine :) In a NON-gay way of course lol.

Of course there is,
2. Refer back to 1

Oh, thanks David. Now I am caught in an endless loop...

That's no way to get in my will my friend.:tongue:

Oh, thanks David. Now I am caught in an endless loop...

That's no way to get in my will my friend.:tongue:

Awww, come on! I'll hook you up with my attractive cousin when you move over to Thailand! She comes with a bachelor's degree! No dowry, just exchange for the citizenship! :biggrin:

Wow, I'm very dissapointed by what I'm seeing here. I'd really think that as actual owners, you'd have a bit more respect for the car.
Right now, I drive a G35 Coupe, and hope to buy an NSX in the near future. My car is a regular, run of the mill production sport/luxury coupe. As far as G35s go, my car is pretty rare (I've yet to run into a twin in person, but have seen one on G35driver), but still nothing to run around bragging about.
The point is, I treat my car like an exotic. It is my daily, but she is garaged the second I pull in from work. I wash it and do a full interior clean every week. Wax every month, claybar ever 3 months. In every wash, I clean my wheels, shine my tires, polish my exhaust tips, clean the wheel wells, clean my undercarriage, etc.. I clean my engine bay once a month as well. It had a door ding at one point, and I had it pulled, because I could not tolerate seeing it. As it stands right now, it is one of the most pristine examples, and anyone that has seen it, or been in it has commented on how my car looks like it just came off the showroom floor, and even still smells like a new car.
And a few people have asked to go for a ride in it, and I've taken them. I even redlined two gears when there was a nice open stretch and it was safe to do so.
I also drive very nicely, don't cut people off, don't weave through traffic, etc... It doesn't matter how fancy or lack thereof your car is, there's no reason to be a waffle on the road.

Some of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen on the road were from exotic owners, and I couldn't help but wonder, how they're not ashamed to disgrace the car like that. Perfect example: I was driving in my subdivision, by a school, 40km/h speed limit, I was doing 50-55km/hr. An F430 convertible, went into the oncoming traffic lane, and ripped by me at atleast 100km/h. IN A FVCKING SCHOOL ZONE. Maybe 30m before a red light. We stopped at the same red, he was making a left, I was going straight. He looked at me, he was an older gentleman (I use that term loosely, considering his driving) and he smiled. I shook my head at him in dissaproval.
I LOVE F-Cars, I've waved at several out my window and motioned them to give it so I can hear the exhaust. But on open roads. Not in a small residential subdivision near a school. That's just not cool.
On the other hand, I had a very positive experience with the owner of a new M3 coupe. He was just pulling into the lot of the gym that I go to, and I pulled up beside him, leaving one spot in between us, because it's just common courtesy to not park right next to someone's nice car.
I asked him a few questions about the car, and he was really cool about it, even turned it back on for me and revved it even though I didn't ask. He also invited me to sit in the driver's seat (but obviously not drive it). I accepted his offer, and was really happy to get to sit in one, especially since this was right when they came out, and he likely paid quite a bit above MSRP to get his.
Either way, that's my rant, take it any way you wish, but I think you should have some more respect for your car, and appreciation and gratitude for the fact that you're more fortunate than a lot of people in this world.

I have similar views, you're not alone there, any car i own is gold to me.:smile:

Back