• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic paint color recommendations

I'm looking to repaint my '91 Berlina Black an entirely different color.
But this time, I want to lose the stealth and go bold & loud.

I'm considering a Pearl White, Sunburst Orange, Lime Green, and even Candy Apple???

So which exotic paint color would look most appropriate on the NSX?

I suck at PhotoShop, so any examples would be appreciated.

One vote for Lime Green.

palettes...

Does it have to be an NSX color used by Honda/Acura?

Ex. Berlina black, Sebring Silver, Grand Prix white, Formula red, New Formula red, Midnight Pearl, , Brooklands Green pearl, Spa Yellow pearl, Kaiser Silver metallic, Silverstone silver, Monte Carlo Blue pearl, Rio Yellow pearl, Monaco Blue pearl, Imola Orange pearl, Magnum Grey pearl, Long Beach Blue pearl, Championship White, Platinum White pearl, etc'...

If not, check-out this web-site...

http://foreigncarsitalia.cms.dealer.com/research.htm

(new car configurator for Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, and Porsche)

If you find a color that intrigues you, goto the manufacturer's web-site! :cool:

Last edited:
I vote Imola Orange Pearl, Lime Green Metallic, or Championship White especially as you have the black roof to start. Also, these colors too because you'd then have a black colored engine bay...

VERDE ITHACA Green...Pearl or
Arancio Borealis (Pearl Orange Metallic)
Of course I am partial to Giallo Midas (Pearl yellow)..

Attachments

• verde.jpg
    verde.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 155
I vote Imola Orange Pearl, Lime Green Metallic, or Championship White especially as you have the black roof to start. Also, these colors too because you'd then have a black colored engine bay...

Jet- Brilliant minds think alike. I want your Imola man!

Grasshopper Green on the Track
I like it! Reminds me of the Takata JCGT cars in Japan.

VERDE ITHACA Green...Pearl or
Arancio Borealis (Pearl Orange Metallic)
Of course I am partial to Giallo Midas (Pearl yellow)..
Nice to meet you this past weekend's coffee meet. Anything Pearl looks tasty.

Oh the pain! This is what happens when a car gets affordable enough for teenagers to own.
LOL...I still get carded at the clubs. Sucks to be young, good-looking, and rich with a master's and doctorate degree from NYU.

Actually this is something I thought of - for my s2000 at one point to do a full repaint......... :)

If you are going to spend the dollars and do it right, there are only a few colors I think the NSX can pull off and some were already suggested here:

#1Top choice: Verde Ithaca (lambo green) since the NSX can pull it off nicely!

Other cool colors include the Lambo Orange or Balloon White colors. Both are not factory NSX colors so it will definitely stand out. I mean if you are going to spend the money do a unique color that says "CUSTOM". The Lambo white and orange people might mistake for the oem Acura colors so only the Verde Ithaca is unique! :biggrin:

Keep your top section black and it will have that "dome" look and accent the brake calipers the same green color with some black faced wheels/ chrome lip. One sick package for sure!

rk

Nice seeing you at the coffee meet on Sunday.

As far as changing color - your car; do what you want with it. Personally, I think if I were to take a black NSX and repaint it, I'd go w/ white (a-la-NSX-R). Then proceed w/ the NSX-R-R (the second R for replica) conversion.

Since your NSX is making you go broke, go all out and go broke making it an NSX-R-R. :biggrin::biggrin:

My Berlina Black 96 T is in the shop right now for custom paint! I am sticking to a dark base. I have a custom color that does not even have a name, but to best describ it; Black Candy Apple Pearl with Glass metallic. Total of 12 coats plus 2-3 clears.

The base coat is black, then a mid coat clear that carries the crushed glass particles, then 6-7 coast of candy apple red, then clear. This combination keeps the car "black" at night, in the shade and for the most part on a cloudy day. When it's sunny, the car has a Red Candy / Black appearance, but when seen at certain angles, the crushed glass reflects the light in candy red and deep blue. Kind of a surprise deep in the paint.

I pondered for a long time on going more exotic with Orange, Green or Yellow, as with the black engine bay etc you can pull it off. I then decided to stay close to original color, but give it enought character that you can notice the custom paint.

Just my taste. I thought the exotic colors would be too loud although it's cool seeing them on the raod, it just did not fit my character.

Good luck in your decision.

BK - I don't think my '91 is worth that much anyways, so I'm going to play with it till it dies. Besides, I've never made made on any of my cars before!

Rick- If I had a white '04, then we wouldn't even be discussing this question. However, I do like the Lime green, white, black color scheme (such as the FactorX car).

MickeyLex- Maybe I should GO FOR BROKE and get the new CTSC that everyone has first. Modding cars is my way of helping to stimulate the local economy.

XORY72 - staying tuned to see your new paint job...For me, I'm trying to take the car in the racing theme direction since that's what I mainly use the car for these days.

BK - I don't think my '91 is worth that much anyways, so I'm going to play with it till it dies. Besides, I've never made made on any of my cars before!

Rick- If I had a white '04, then we wouldn't even be discussing this question. However, I do like the Lime green, white, black color scheme (such as the FactorX car).

MickeyLex- Maybe I should GO FOR BROKE and get the new CTSC that everyone has first. Modding cars is my way of helping to stimulate the local economy.

XORY72 - staying tuned to see your new paint job...For me, I'm trying to take the car in the racing theme direction since that's what I mainly use the car for these days.

NSXAMG996TT, \

I will post some pictures as soon as I get the car back (late August) and have it back together. I hope you can wait that long! I have already taken before pictures. I am hoping that the after pictures will turn out.

I got the idea from a friends Drag car. Same idea excecpt his car has more of a burgandy tinge to it and the glass particles are larger therefor reflects more from a far distance.

I will be sure to contact you when I get my car back.

Darrin

is your car all stock on the exterior? i could see a brite color paintjob on a nice widebody or 02+ replica where it would really compliment the style, but i dont think anything looks better on 91-01's than a nice suttle color like black, red, white, etc,

is your car all stock on the exterior? i could see a brite color paintjob on a nice widebody or 02+ replica where it would really compliment the style, but i dont think anything looks better on 91-01's than a nice suttle color like black, red, white, etc,

It's got the full '02 conversion already done.

i'd say long beach blue pearl or imola orange.

Paint it CHROME!!! :eek: :wink:

chrome5.jpg

i dont think color matters.

let's say Ferrari Enzo. black,red,yellow,silver,light blue, any of them will look like a super car. nsx is the same. white, yellow, black, red, orange, blue. all great. different beauty.

it depends on the car. not the color.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm sticking with yellow.

4 Colors I'm choosing from
Lambo Gallardo - Giallo midas
Lambo Murci - Giallo Orion
Porsche CGT Yellow
Rio Yellow Pearl

I'm trying to get away with the Lambo yellow, its sorta the trend now, S2000, G35s have a lambo yellow.

I love the Rio yellow pearl and I'm actually leaning towards it because its the safest color to paint the car with. However the color is also available for the S2000. Now I love the S2000 and I will buy one someday, but if I'm spending the dough, might as well go with a color that's pretty hard to come-by.

The porsche carrera gt yellow looks amazing in pictures, BUT I've never seen one in person. I'm so torn.. haha.

Anybody seen a yellow Porsche Carrera GT?

niM

Last edited:
Back